Thanks for the Troops

This is an open forum to discuss all things that just might be on your mind.

Moderators: Post Moderators, Cheers Moderator

dhempy

Thanks for the Troops

Post by dhempy »

Regardless of your political position and or stance on the war in Iraq, the fact is that our troops are over there doing their job, thousands of miles away from home. I for one appreciate all that they do, where ever they are. A friend sent me this site:

http://www.letssaythanks.com/AllDesigns.aspx

Xerox has collected children's patriotic artwork and is printing cards for free to send overseas. The site is pretty easy to use ... select the artwork, enter your name (I just used my first name), your city/state, and then select a message or type your own. Xerox does the rest. Xerox will send them to random American Personnel.

I'm planning on sending several of these a day. I think it would be really great if every soldier gets to hear from folks stateside.

If you're not interested, fine .. I'm not looking for flames. Rather, for those that are interested, here is an easy way to implement a random act of kindness, one person to another.

Dan
Rezzin

Re: Thanks for the Troops

Post by Rezzin »

dhempy wrote:Regardless of your political position and or stance on the war in Iraq, the fact is that our troops are over there doing their job, thousands of miles away from home. I for one appreciate all that they do, where ever they are. A friend sent me this site:

http://www.letssaythanks.com/AllDesigns.aspx

Xerox has collected children's patriotic artwork and is printing cards for free to send overseas. The site is pretty easy to use ... select the artwork, enter your name (I just used my first name), your city/state, and then select a message or type your own. Xerox does the rest. Xerox will send them to random American Personnel.

I'm planning on sending several of these a day. I think it would be really great if every soldier gets to hear from folks stateside.

If you're not interested, fine .. I'm not looking for flames. Rather, for those that are interested, here is an easy way to implement a random act of kindness, one person to another.

Dan
Great find Dan - I'm gonna pass this along.
Image New Brew Club, Free Photo hosting, Yeast Library, Forum
Oskaar

Post by Oskaar »

Great Link Dan!

I fired mine off just now. I'm surprised this thread hasn't gotten more hits and isn't more active.

Pete
Don't go into the Pimped-Out-Refrigerator Jack!