Holy Lag Time Batman......

This is an open forum to discuss all things that just might be on your mind.

Moderators: Post Moderators, Cheers Moderator

BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Holy Lag Time Batman......

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

I thought I would try something different when I brewed my last Cream Ale on March 1. I used WLP810 yeast with the intentions of re-pitching that yeast into a Cal Common. I had always used WLP001 on that that style before. I kegged the Cream Ale on Thursday night and saved the yeast so I could pitch into the Cal Common today. The Cream Ale is still lagering, so we will wait to see how that turned out. I pitched the WLP810 yeast at around 3pm today into the Cal Common and it is already bubbling away. Holy crap!! I love it. Nothing better than a fermentation that takes off right away. Less than 4 hours of lag time. I'm glad I put a blow off tube on the fermenter instead of an airlock. This baby is gonna rock.

I must admit that I have had a few of my Double Barrel Ale pints already tonight. Not much else to do except brew and drink since I am out of work. Tomorrow is for job hunting. Today was all about brewing.

Cheers!
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada down at Trader Vic's
brew captain

Re: Holy Lag Time Batman......

Post by brew captain »

Way to take it all in stride Brad!! A good sign that you are going to be just fine shortly...

Cheers!
bwarbiany

Re: Holy Lag Time Batman......

Post by bwarbiany »

Yes, when I was unemployed and still had a motorcycle, I found a lot of nice time to ride. Mountain roads are rather uncrowded during the week.

If I had been a homebrewer during those six months, I'd have more beer on hand than I'd know what to do with!
Brad