Help me review my Scotch Ale please

This is an open forum to discuss all things that just might be on your mind.

Moderators: Post Moderators, Cheers Moderator

JonGoku

Re: Help me review my Scotch Ale please

Post by JonGoku »

Backyard Brewer wrote:Undercarbonted Scotch Ale huh? Yup... Dangerous stuff. Just go ahead and send half of that to me and half to Robert and we'll go ahead and dispose of it for you in an OSHA, BATF and AHA approved fashion. Better split it between us do to the alcohol content; don't want to get in any more trouble.

Robert your Disposal Certification is still current isn't it?
Terrific, thanks for the help and support! :cheers:
Jon Image
brew captain

Post by brew captain »

Just took my recertification test last month and passed (out) with flying colors!!

Cheers!
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

Marotte Brewery wrote:Last summer, I found a Fat Tire clone extract recipe online. I got the ingredients (or at least close to them, as B3 doesn't always have exactly the right grains or hops, but it was close... The beer turned out quite dark. Much darker than a Fat Tire.. But it tasted great. Also not quite like a Fat Tire, but it was really good beer...
Ahh, you found the BYO recipe. I brewed that once... You REALLY don't need 0.5# of chocolate malt to make a Fat Tire clone!
Brad
JonGoku

Post by JonGoku »

Alright, so umm... who gives a shit if it's a tad under carbonated. It makes for a catchy name and so I made an appropriate label. I used full sized label sheets (ones without any pre-perforated lines), rotated this label 45* so it was square and printed out 12 labels per sheet and cut them out with an xacto knife. I won't label them all (I'm not that crazy), but for the ones I give away, it will be nice.
The Botched Scotch small.jpg
The Botched Scotch small.jpg (109.69 KiB) Viewed 917 times
Jon Image
brahn
Site Admin

Post by brahn »

I like it!
brew captain

Post by brew captain »

Jon - for a guy with a newborn in the house you sure do have a lot of time on your hands!!!!

Anxiously awaiting my sample...

Cheers!