JOHN WARD'S BIRTHDAY

This is an open forum to discuss all things that just might be on your mind.

Moderators: Post Moderators, Cheers Moderator

sprout

JOHN WARD'S BIRTHDAY

Post by sprout »

K:-) Happy Birthday to my Brewing Man!!

John's Birthday is this Saturday - March 7th!!

We are going on an Orange County Beer Excursion. Since many people cannot commit for the entire day I will publish an itinerary of where we will be going and when (about) we plan to get to each location. Here are my choices for breweries of the day and the order we may or may not be there. :happybeer:

Newport Beach Brewing Company

JT Schmid's and Auld Dublinger Irish Pub in the District (Tustin/Irvine)

Alcatraz Brewing Co - The Block (Orange) Sign up for the e-mail list and get a coupon for free nachos!

The Breurery - Pat's place in Placentia

Tustin Brewery

I am welcome to suggestions and John has Veto power. We are still looking into getting a larger vehicle for me to drive to hold more passengers or perhaps finding another driver. The Passat Wagon holds 2 or 3 other adults besides John and I. Pick up and drop offs perhaps can be arranged. The early feedback seems to by we are getting into "busy" season for Saturday activities. So come join us for a pint to wish John a joyous day and make me look good for planning this! :D
I may not brew, but I sure can cook the books!
lars

Re: JOHN WARD'S BIRTHDAY

Post by lars »

Sounds good! Not sure if John would be interested, bu there is also BootLeggers Brewery in Fullerton (only a few short miles from the Bruery). It is small, but his beers are good, and he was a homebrewer before starting the brewery. He is not open on Saturdays, but if you contact him he may accomodate...

http://www.bootleggersbrewery.com/

AND Happy B-Day John!!!

Hopefully I will be able to make it, but will probably depend on the day/time.
Shut up and brew
sprout

Post by sprout »

I saw that website yesterday and noticed he was open on Friday's. I was thinking about giving him a call.

Heidi and the little man of course are welcome to participate in the festivities. The more the merrier! :happybeer:
sprout

Post by sprout »

OK GANG HERE IS THE ITINERARY FOR JOHN"S BIRTHDAY BREWERY BASH :

We are renting a mini van (7 passengers possible) and have arranged for Luigi to drive us. Therefore we can arrange pick up and drop offs along the way. Your cost is only food and beverage consumption.

So here's the plan: K:-)

11 am - noon Huntington Beach Beer Co

noon - 1:30 BrewBakers - Huntington Beach

2pm - 3:30 Bootlegger Brewery Fullerton - check out website - they are usually only open to the x public on Fri, but I metioned BrewCommune and John's birthday and he said we could x X come by to see things between 1 and 4.

4pm - 6pm The Bruery - Placentia

If you think you have any chance of making it to any destinations or want to arrange a pick up let us know and we'll pm our cell phone numbers. This will also be useful so you can verify that we are where we say we are supposed to be. Itinerary subject to change based of obtaining USEFUL information; this is of course subjective.

I have not planned past 6. This is when the real trouble can begin. I really hope you can join us at sometime or the whole day on Sat. :cheers:
kevinham

Post by kevinham »

I'll see you guys at the Bruery, I go every sat. anyways. Happy birthday John.
Kevin
lars

Post by lars »

I may be able to join you guys for the Bootleggers and Breury stops depending on how things are going...

Happy Beerthday John!!!
Shut up and brew
sprout

Post by sprout »

We are leaving Irvine now! K:-) :cheers:
Oskaar

Post by Oskaar »

See youz at da BruBru!
Don't go into the Pimped-Out-Refrigerator Jack!