Firestone 12

This is an open forum to discuss all things that just might be on your mind.

Moderators: Post Moderators, Cheers Moderator

kevinham

Firestone 12

Post by kevinham »

So I am trying to make a trade on beeradvocate, and I need help getting my hands on a Firestone 12. Is there anyone out there that has one and would be willing to be part of this trade? I am going to get a Southern Tier Oaked Cuvee and their Creme Brulee, an Oaked Yeti, and possibly a Peche Mortel. Let me know if anyone can help.

**Edit: That was JD, but you can still send me a message and I will let him know.
Kevin
bwarbiany

Re: Firestone 12

Post by bwarbiany »

If you have trouble, you can always try O'Shea down here in Laguna Niguel. They still had Firestone 10 last time I was there (about 1.5 months ago), albeit for $40/bottle. If they have the 12, it won't be incredibly cheap, but being a relatively new beer, will probably be less then $20.
Brad
lars

Post by lars »

I'm going to drop by O'Shea's on Saturday to get a co2 tank filled. If you want, I'll look for a bottle for you. Personally, I doubt it will be less than $20 as when it was just released it retailed for something like $17.99/bottle. FYI I have a few bottles, but I'm not interested in parting with them atm.
Shut up and brew
kevinham

Post by kevinham »

lars wrote:I'm going to drop by O'Shea's on Saturday to get a co2 tank filled. If you want, I'll look for a bottle for you. Personally, I doubt it will be less than $20 as when it was just released it retailed for something like $17.99/bottle. FYI I have a few bottles, but I'm not interested in parting with them atm.
Cool, thanks Lars. It's up to JD whether or not he wants to fork over the cash, but it would be nice to know where it is and how much.
Kevin
brahn
Site Admin

Post by brahn »

I discovered I had a co2 leak in my system so I ran down to O'Sheas to get some co2. They had two bottles of the Firestone 12, but I bought one of them. They said they don't have any more other than what was out there, so as of when I left they have one bottle left. They're charging $20.95.
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

brahn wrote:They said they don't have any more other than what was out there, so as of when I left they have one bottle left. They're charging $20.95.
Right... I bet if I show up tomorrow, they'll have two bottles sitting out.

Considering that the last time I was there, they still had the Firestone 10, I'll bet they've got a stockpile of the 12 somewhere (unless Firestone tried to cut their allocation because they're holding it back).
Brad
brahn
Site Admin

Post by brahn »

bwarbiany wrote:
brahn wrote:They said they don't have any more other than what was out there, so as of when I left they have one bottle left. They're charging $20.95.
Right... I bet if I show up tomorrow, they'll have two bottles sitting out.

Considering that the last time I was there, they still had the Firestone 10, I'll bet they've got a stockpile of the 12 somewhere (unless Firestone tried to cut their allocation because they're holding it back).
It wouldn't surprise me at all if they put more bottles out today, I was just letting you know what they told me. They also had a 1 bottle per person per day limit, supposedly. I also agree that they're probably holding some back to sell over the next few years like they did with 10 and 11.
kevinham

Post by kevinham »

Well we went and got the last bottle today. They didn't have any more out, but who knows if they were hiding some in the back. By some random luck JD met a guy at the Bruery on Sat. who had just traded for two bottles of the 12, so he bought one off of him too. So now we have one to trade and one to drink later.
Kevin