OC Brew Fest 2011

What's happening in the beer world and where.

Moderator: Post Moderators

lexuschris

OC Brew Fest 2011

Post by lexuschris »

Saturday, September 10th, 2011 from 11am to 4pm...

http://ocbrewfest.com/

I'm putting this one on my calander early... :happybeer:
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
Blackcomb

Re: OC Brew Fest 2011

Post by Blackcomb »

Wow..now thats a lineup!
backyard brewer

Post by backyard brewer »

This was a great event last year. The venue is really cool on the old Lion Country Safari grounds. I actually liked the limited pour thing as it prevented it from being a drunkfest full of D-Bags. Lots of great beers, a good cigar vendor was there, all in all it was great.

I'm sure they'll continue to have special coupons but I already bought my tickets just to be safe.
tikitatt

Post by tikitatt »

I just bought my tickets to this event. Last year was a lot of fun and hope to get more beer swag this year. K:-)
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

Going to grab my tix to this first thing tomorrow morning -- especially since I practically live down the street. Hope to run into some of you folks...
Brad
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

BTW, have you guys signed up for the General or the VIP tickets?
Brad
oc eric

Post by oc eric »

Use the code: "beerpunks" to get a 10% discount or "beer10" - expires Wednesday. The organizers are cool 8)

AHP will be there too!
An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk with his fools. - Hemingway
backhousebrew

Post by backhousebrew »

Addison Homebrew Provisions will have a booth to display the equipment and ingredients for making homebrew. BackHouseBrew will be at the AHP booth demonstrating how to brew a partial mash recipe. Come by for a sample of some home brewed Blonde Ale or Hemp Ale. I think we will be the only booth with homebrew and the only booth brewing beer!
Drink Good Beer!
backyard brewer

backhousebrew wrote:Addison Homebrew Provisions will have a booth to display the equipment and ingredients for making homebrew. BackHouseBrew will be at the AHP booth demonstrating how to brew a partial mash recipe. Come by for a sample of some home brewed Blonde Ale or Hemp Ale. I think we will be the only booth with homebrew and the only booth brewing beer!
Glad that worked out.
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

Looks like I'll be a latecomer to this event. My son's first soccer game is at 12:15 on Saturday. Despite the fact that it'll be a cat-herding event where a bunch of 4- and 5-year-olds run around with no apparent understanding of what they're doing, I'd be a shitty dad not to attend...

So I'll probably arrive at the fest around 1:30 or 1:45. Glad I sprang for the VIP ticket!

(FYI if anyone bought a standard ticket but wants to trade, let me know. I live about 15 minutes south of the fest site, so just swing by in the morning and I'll trade straight up. I'd rather it go to someone who will have time to drink the extra four pours.)
Brad
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

T - 10 hours, 22 minutes ....

Lads, get yer beer hats on!
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
backyard brewer

Had a great time. Lots of good beers, it was nice that it wasnt just an ipa fest. The open air urinals were kind of surprising. The music was good and the event was much less crowded than I expected.
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

I was surprised, and I guess only partially shocked, at the open air urinals (I will resist describing them... odds are if you haven't seen one yet ... you will)

We arrived at the event 2 hours late (soccer & weather issues), but enjoyed our 2 hours sampling the food trucks and local brews that I had not seen before. My wife enjoyed a blackberry pear cider the most. I was trying to stick to pale ales and IPAs. but found an American Strong Ale that was pretty dang good too! Lots of good local beers, which is something to be proud of AND happy about!
:cheers:
--LexusChris
backhousebrew

Post by backhousebrew »

lexuschris wrote:I was surprised, and I guess only partially shocked, at the open air urinals (I will resist describing them... odds are if you haven't seen one yet ... you will)

We arrived at the event 2 hours late (soccer & weather issues), but enjoyed our 2 hours sampling the food trucks and local brews that I had not seen before. My wife enjoyed a blackberry pear cider the most. I was trying to stick to pale ales and IPAs. but found an American Strong Ale that was pretty dang good too! Lots of good local beers, which is something to be proud of AND happy about!
:cheers:
--LexusChris
I was afraid I might get arrested for taking this picture but when a friend of mine tried them out, I had to do it. :lol:
Bill(1).JPG
Bill(1).JPG (32.26 KiB) Viewed 2405 times
Drink Good Beer!