*TIME SENSITIVE* - Melvin Boil Rumble HomeBrew Competition

Check for upcoming competitions here or just discuss results, entries and share your triumphs and tragedies!

Moderator: Post Moderators

indianajns

*TIME SENSITIVE* - Melvin Boil Rumble HomeBrew Competition

Post by indianajns »

For those of you at the January meeting at Towne Park you'll remember the topic of the Melvin Homebrew club comp was discussed. https://melvinbrewing.com/theboilrumble/

The comp is for homebrew clubs only and each club submits one beer. The winning beer receives the following. From the official rules:

"The winning club will receive a MoreBeer Brewsculpture and free entry to the 2019
Great American Beer Festival for up to 10 club members. A batch of the winning
club’s beer will be brewed by Melvin Brewing and released in draft and cans in a
multi-state promotion. "

There was some interest from members in January so I went ahead and entered us as the 13th was the deadline to announce our intention to enter. The beer is due to Melvin in early March.

At the February 19th meeting at Gunwhale, we are going to pick the beer we will submit. If you have a beer that you would like to be considered as our club's submission, please bring it to the meeting. Also keep your beer on the down low with other members as we want to keep the judging as anonymous as possible. The winning beer, per Melvin, will be judged solely on taste, not style. So this will be a true blind tasting. No information will be disclosed as to the beer style, ABV, etc. Best tasting beer as judged by members in attendance will be the beer sent forward to the Melvin comp. If you would like to share your beer with the club for feedback, please bring a separate bottle/growler as we will be doing homebrew share directly following this exercise.

Please let me know via DM if you plan on bringing a beer to the meeting for consideration so Curtis and I can make sure to collect your beer upon your arrival to GunWhale.

Cheers,
Greg
Megastout

Re: *TIME SENSITIVE* - Melvin Boil Rumble HomeBrew Competiti

Post by Megastout »

What is DM?
ScottK

Post by ScottK »

Direct Message. A message sent via this forum board.
I have not yet begun to defile myself.
Megastout

Post by Megastout »

Thanks. DM, I will be bringing beer