The 2011 Mazer Cup International Home Meadmaker Competition

Check for upcoming competitions here or just discuss results, entries and share your triumphs and tragedies!

Moderator: Post Moderators

Oskaar

The 2011 Mazer Cup International Home Meadmaker Competition

Post by Oskaar »

The Mazer Cup International 2011 Home MeadMaker Competition
Call for Entries

April 1 & 2, 2011, Boulder, Colorado

The Mazer Cup International is a BJCP & AHA sanctioned mead-only competition open to all home meadmakers. If you enter one mead-only competition during 2011 why not enter the largest international mead-only competition there is?

GotMead.com is proud to sponsor the Mazer Cup International 2011. We will do our best to honor the tradition of the original Mazer Cup and work hard to make it the best mead-only competition possible. We are committed to bringing the best mead judges available to Boulder, Colorado from around the world. In 2010 we had judges from Canada, Sweden, Poland, Slovakia, and the good old USA!

This year we will continue the tradition of the original Mazer Cup by awarding hand-crafted mazers to the winners of our home competition. Our distinctive medals for the commercial winners have already become a coveted achievement in the commercial mead making industry.

The MCI competition staff and GotMead.Com , will again host the home and commercial mead competition on the weekend of April 1-2, 2011, in Boulder, Colorado.

How do I enter?
Click here to enter online or you may download the entry form, bottle ID forms, rules, regulations and style guidelines. Entries are $7, however if you enter electronically we discount the entry fee to $6.00.

Why should I enter?
• You get to compete against a host of international home meadmakers
• Valuable feedback from experienced judges and professional meadmakers
• Suggestions on how to improve your mead from judges and other meadmakers

When may I enter?
• Enter Now! The Mazer Cup International is currently accepting entries
• The entry deadline is March 18, 2011
• The Mazer Cup Home Competition judging will be on Saturday, April 2, 2011

Don't Miss Out!
Visit the Mazer Cup International Website here. Enter and go head-to-head with some of the best meadmakers in the world. This will be a great competition for mead feedback from mead experts, writers and award winning meadmakers.

Add us as a Facebook friend here

or

Follow us on Twitter here
Don't go into the Pimped-Out-Refrigerator Jack!
Oskaar

Re: The 2011 Mazer Cup International Home Meadmaker Competition

Post by Oskaar »

OK folks, time to get off the stool and get those entries in for the Mazer Cup International Mead Competition.

I posted in the club area, but wanted to put up a reminder here for those who are not in the club. The deadline to receive entries is March 18, 2011, so don't delay any longer.

Think you make good mead? Enter it in the world's largest mead-only competition to see how you stack up against the world's best. In 2010 the Best of Show winner was from Poland, and his mead was stellar!

Compete against the best and see if you can win worldwide bragging rights for the best home made mead out there!

Click here to enter. Best of luck!

Cheers,

Oskaar
Oskaar

Post by Oskaar »

Hi all you Brewcommuners out there!

It looks like we have a very good Brewcommune turn out in the Mazer Cup International Mead Competition.

Right now it looks like the Mead (home) competition is right at 300 entries and the Meadery (commercial) competition is at 225 entries for a total of about 525 entries in the system. There are also entries that aren't yet accounted for since some folks do not enter on line. We have 5 "drop-in" locations and we usually see about 20-30 entries from these areas as well that are "paper" entries.

This is significant since out of the many competitions throughout the US during the year, there are only about 9 or 10 competitions that have 500 or more entries if I remember correctly. What makes it really significant is that we're pulling from one slot which is mead.

Thanks for your participation and best of luck to all of you.

Cheers,

Pete Bakulić
Director of Operations, The Mazer Cup International
oc eric

Post by oc eric »

My mead from Mead day almost one year is in the comp. Thanks for giving me the push I needed to enter Oskaar.

So what are we making this year???
An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk with his fools. - Hemingway
Oskaar

Post by Oskaar »

I'm thinking a melomel or a metheglin.
lars

Post by lars »

I ended up only entering one mead. My Mesquite Mead. I still don't like the pecan, and the Trailer Trash honey Wine is still kinda hot. Hopefully the Mesquite will do well!

Best of luck to all who entered!
Shut up and brew
Oskaar

Post by Oskaar »

Cool. There will be plenty of competition that's for sure. Good luck!