Club Brew project

Share recipes here and discuss recipes posted in the recipe database.

Moderator: Post Moderators

romen
Club Secretary

Club Brew project

Post by romen »

With our upcoming club brew project over at BRC, I wanted to start a post to share what we all plan to do with the wort we take away from the day. My plan is to take the wort, add DME to bring it up to about 1.070 OG, and heat it up to 170 to do a hop stand with simcoe and citra, and dry hop with simcoe, citra and el dorado. I'll ferment with London Fog dry yeast, hoping I end up with a hazy IPA but also sort of winging it.

Here's the recipe, starting with as close an approximation of the wort and then my additions.

https://share.brewfather.app/FXjMDfZtCNEXTU

Open to any and all feedback.
lexuschris

Re: Club Brew project

Post by lexuschris »

Very cool Ro... I've never used that yeast, but it sounds like a great fit for a juicy hazy IPA!

I'm not sure what I will do with my wort yet. I'm tempted to do a small volume steep, then boil with more hops. I've never done a Cali Common, but that may be the direction I go. OR, I may just pitch some 'fun' yeast and take it experimental with some post fementation adds... Yarrow, mugwort, sage...
--Lexuschris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
romen
Club Secretary

Re: Club Brew project

Post by romen »

Those all sound like great options!

Some funky Belgian yeast or even that "frankenyeast" from white labs might be a fun experiment.