Seltzer Recipes

Share recipes here and discuss recipes posted in the recipe database.

Moderator: Post Moderators

romen
Club Secretary

Seltzer Recipes

Post by romen »

I'm thinking of making a hard seltzer for my next homebrew project. I found this recipe online:
https://www.northernbrewer.com/blogs/ko ... rd-seltzer

Anyone have any experience or recipes to share? I want to make my own flavor/syrup and my plan was to transfer some of the seltzer to my small 1.2 gallon keg, carbonate it, then figure out the ratio of flavor to seltzer by making a few in the glass at different concentrations, then use that to figure out the rest of the keg and add the flavor in the keg.
lexuschris

Re: Seltzer Recipes

Post by lexuschris »

No experience, but sounds like a good way to start out!
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
maltbarley

Re: Seltzer Recipes

Post by maltbarley »

Hi Ro,
Sorry for not checking in on this one sooner. I did a couple seltzers for the fest last year. the one recommendation I have is to use the Lutra yeast. Very clean without the sulphur you'll get from most other yeasts. While time will fix that, you can almost avoid it altogether.

As far as flavor goes, you are right to experiment with drops of concentrate before going head first on a batch. If you are using natural ingredients, I highly recommend filtering with a coffee filter like this one.