And so it begins

Oh yes! Everything you ever wanted to know about equipment or ask about equipment, this is the place to be! Share photos or ideas about equipment here.

Moderator: Post Moderators

backyard brewer

Post by backyard brewer »

Crimony sakes alive this is addicting! I thought I was going to go see Bob before I did a single thing (I'm still going) but today I decided I'd do just a few quick tack welds. I just about have the whole stand tacked together. I can't stop. If it weren't for the time change, I'd still be going...
dhempy

Post by dhempy »

Fired my TIG up yesterday and practiced on some Mild Steel ... not too bad actually. I found that having my wrist / arm resting an just moving my hand and "working the rod" worked pretty well. I found it much easier to weld with TIG than with MIG. I think it is all a matter of practice now. Learning to adjust the power will also take some time. Still, I'd love to hear what tips Bob had for you.

Dan
backyard brewer

dhempy wrote:Still, I'd love to hear what tips Bob had for you.

Dan
Me too :oops:

I haven't called him yet.
dhempy

Post by dhempy »

Well the "tips" I posted were from Vince ... he tutored me for about 15 minutes.

I'm still going to sign up for the adult ed classes but I've got projects coming up and I wanted to be sure I have a working welder.

Dan
rpm

Post by rpm »

I am going to the AHA rally at the Bruery on Sat and can meet anyone who wants to practice welding at the shop. We're about one mile away from the Bruery and we should schedule before going to the Bruery. 714-956-0480 Bob
dhempy

Post by dhempy »

Drat ... I'll be in the area but I'm booked solid Saturday ... maybe another time?!?

Dan
backyard brewer

Dammit, me too. We're going down to San Marcos for a JD Single Barrel dinner. I'll get to meet the new Master Distiller that replaced Jimmy.