Dip Tube Question

Oh yes! Everything you ever wanted to know about equipment or ask about equipment, this is the place to be! Share photos or ideas about equipment here.

Moderator: Post Moderators

dhempy

Dip Tube Question

Post by dhempy »

I have a Cornelius (7-up) keg that has been fixed around the gas in side and I'm thinking that it will be a perfect lagering / bright tank corny .. doesn't need to hold constant pressure .. just keep a closed environment .. something it should do quite well.

So today I went to put a dip-tube in. All of my spare dip tubes have two indexing keys just below the location where the o-ring goes. This prevents the tube from twisting when tightening the poppet nut. However, this keg doesn't have the corresponding slots cut where the dip tube goes through, consequently it doesn't seat. I contemplated filing the indexes off but it looks like they are pressed out and I would severely weaken the tube if I filed them off.

So is there a way to modify one of these dip tubes to work? Or are there dip tubes that do not have the indexes? If so, anyone have one to sell / trade? Doesn't have to be perfect as I'm going to cut an inch or two off anyway.

Comments / recommendations?

Cheers!

Dan
maltbarley

Post by maltbarley »

I think you need a straight dip tube. They probably changed both nipples on that keg with Firestone parts. I have a keg like this, but I don't have any spare parts.

These guys have straight tubes for a reasonable price.
dhempy

Post by dhempy »

Thanks Tim!
spkrtoy

Post by spkrtoy »

Hmm, I too have some of the straight and curved tubes as well as gas in SS ones.
Let me know if you're interesrted. Maybe I can be bribed into bringing them up this upcoming brewday weekend? If not, they can be shipped.
dhempy

Post by dhempy »

Now there's the response I was looking for. 8)

I need 1 or 2 straight ones (without the indexing tabs). I'm all for bribing or outright commerce!

Dan