Looking for a 20-gallon food-grade fermentation bucket

Oh yes! Everything you ever wanted to know about equipment or ask about equipment, this is the place to be! Share photos or ideas about equipment here.

Moderator: Post Moderators

bwarbiany

Looking for a 20-gallon food-grade fermentation bucket

Post by bwarbiany »

So, my bro-in-law and I are looking to push out a few 15-gallon batches. The main reason is that we're kegging now, so it's 5 gallons for him, 5 gallons for me, and 5 gallons for the SoCal Homebrew fest :-)

I didn't see a 20-gallon fermentation bucket listed at morebeer.com, anyone know if it's sold at the Riverside location? Anyone know any local guys selling them?

We're hoping to get this done before Sunday, so any quick response is appreciated.
Brad
lars

Post by lars »

I'll ask Rob when I drop by B3 tomorrow. If you want, PM me your phone # and I'll give you a call if they have them.
Shut up and brew
backyard brewer

Post by backyard brewer »

They have them in the wine section.
BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

Morewinemaking.com has them listed here - http://morewinemaking.com/view_product/19676/103207

Hopefully Lars can find out if they carry them in Riverside.

If they don't have them, you might consider one of these.

Brad
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada down at Trader Vic's
lars

Post by lars »

Ok, they didn't have any of the larger fermenters in stock. But they did have two of these 15 gallon drum fermenters http://morewinemaking.com/view_product/19729/103207 Personally, I use one of these for my 10 gallon batches with no problems.
Shut up and brew
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

My bro-in-law was at B3 today, and he found that they didn't have them. On the bright side, he went on a spending spree, so I'm highly interested in seeing what he has purchased. I suspect it's a 20 gallon kettle (among other things), so that would be nice :-)

What about Steinfillers?

Or if anyone here has an extra for sale (Lyn, I know you have to have about 8 of these in your garage, right?!), let me know.
Brad
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

Looks like we're just going to ferment this in the kettle. We'll transfer to a sanitized keg (so we can use the counterflow chiller), then clean and sanitize the kettle, to remove trub/etc, and transfer back over.

In about 2-3 weeks, I'll need to borrow a corny from someone, as 5 gallons of this batch will be slated for the SCHF.
Brad