FIRE!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yes! Everything you ever wanted to know about equipment or ask about equipment, this is the place to be! Share photos or ideas about equipment here.

Moderator: Post Moderators

thetonka

Post by thetonka »

How stable is the stand with the castors on it like that. When I built mine I worried about putting castors on and it being unstable with weight on it. I am planning on puttin my in a semi permanent location, but I was wondering anyway. :lol:
===========================
Still learning and loving the home brew
www.fastdogbrewing.com

TVHA President

You are a pawn of my evil intent!
maltbarley

Post by maltbarley »

My guess is that the brutus is plenty stable.

My system is not nearly as stout looking as his but holds 3 kegs and 250lbs of water (31 gals.) without issue.

lars

Post by lars »

It is rock solid! However, I made the height on the castors adjustable in case the stand wasn't square... didn't even need them.
thetonka wrote:How stable is the stand with the castors on it like that. When I built mine I worried about putting castors on and it being unstable with weight on it. I am planning on puttin my in a semi permanent location, but I was wondering anyway. :lol:
Shut up and brew
rpm

Post by rpm »

Lars don't you mean if the floor is not flat-that stand of yours looks perfectly square
spkrtoy

Post by spkrtoy »

Tim,
That's the same unit Dogfish Head used for their first 100 batches or so and they used to brew 3 times a day on it so you need to get brewing! (It's in the new issue of Zymrugy as an ad for Sabco)
Cheers,
Lyn
Everybody has the right to be stupid. Some people abuse the privilege.

I hope life isn’t a big joke, because I don’t get it.
What I don't Know Far out weighs what I do.
maltbarley

Post by maltbarley »

I'll be brewing batch #3 on Sunday.
lars

Post by lars »

Yes, it is very square. I was commenting more on my own ability to hold the metal square as you welded it than anything else. I'm amazed that my patio is square itself!
RPM wrote:Lars don't you mean if the floor is not flat-that stand of yours looks perfectly square
Shut up and brew