Sanyo Kegerator 2.0

Oh yes! Everything you ever wanted to know about equipment or ask about equipment, this is the place to be! Share photos or ideas about equipment here.

Moderator: Post Moderators

lexuschris

Sanyo Kegerator 2.0

Post by lexuschris »

Heyas,

Not sure if this is helpfull to anyone, but since I've learned so much from other's examples... here goes.

After converting my Sanyo 4210 counter refrigerator to a 2-tap tower kegerator, I had a few issues to resolve inside. How to get the CO2 canister in there, and proped up to maximize space? In addition, I got tired of digging around for the gas control valves, and unused gas/beer tubing.

So, I ended up using those stick'm cable clips from Command(tm), and some velcro strapping (both from Home Depot/Lowes).

For the canister, there is a partial ledge in the back corners. It is just too small to balance the canister on its own. So, I stuck 2 cable clips on the right-side wall of the kegerator, and then used a long length of double-sided velcro (found it in a roll of 25 feet or so). Sliding the velcro through the clips, I made two retaining straps to keep the canister on the ledge.

Then, for the hose management, I just put the cable clips on the ceiling, and used small loops of velcro to hang the gas & beer tubing. Now, I can easily get to my gas open/close valves, and also manage my connects to the 2 kegs. :)

The stick'm seem to last a long time. I've been using the canister clips for almost a year...

FYI ...
:happybeer:
--LexusChris

p.s. Yes, my kegerator is currently empty. :( I tapped out. So, a good time to organize a few things & clean my tubing! My kitchen is in remodel hell, so I have not had a chance to brew easily. I do have the SCHF brew to keg tonight... will put that in to carb up for the event!
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
Andysam

Re: Sanyo Kegerator 2.0

Post by Andysam »

Hey Chris, that looks like a nice Porter you have in that kegerator! :P
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

I sure hope so!

Get this, I got it off some dude... traded him a bunch of old copper tubing for it. And it wasn't even straight tubing! It was all coiled up.... useless... ;)
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
oc eric

Post by oc eric »

Nice job Chris!
An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk with his fools. - Hemingway
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

Andysam wrote:Hey Chris, that looks like a nice Porter you have in that kegerator! :P
:beer: Shllurp. Ahh...... :D

Yeah, that is a nice porter! Thanks again!
--LexusChris