Opinion on whether to buy kettle

Oh yes! Everything you ever wanted to know about equipment or ask about equipment, this is the place to be! Share photos or ideas about equipment here.

Moderator: Post Moderators

huntfisher

Opinion on whether to buy kettle

Post by huntfisher »

I was thinking of bidding on this 14 gallon kettle on eBay. There are electric stove marks inside kettle but is that bad . Description states that its heavy duty but judging by marks in stove that makes me wonder about durability. I would appreciate if one of you guys would check out the description and the large pictures on eBay. I am thinking of doing 10 gallon batches or having a bigger kettle for more grain in the mash tun, but looking for a good price .

http://cgi.ebay.com/Polar-Ware-Stainles ... 1c0dcd4f31
backyard brewer

Re: Opinion on whether to buy kettle

Post by backyard brewer »

Polarware kettles are definitely heavy duty. That's odd that the electric stove left marks, but then I get gas marks on my kettles but I don't get scortching.

The thing is, at $38 shipping, that brings it to ~$140 without anyone else bidding on it. That's not too much cheaper than a new B3 HD kettle through B3 or Bruery Provisions with the club discount. I like the fitting on the B3 HD kettle, it's MPT on the outside and FPT on the inside
oc eric

Post by oc eric »

Looks like a good one to me. The seller has 100% GOOD feedback of 344 comments so you can probably trust him.

Hope that helps.
An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk with his fools. - Hemingway
JonGoku

Post by JonGoku »

Did you bite, go for the B3, get something else, or still thinking?
Jon Image
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

Dustin & I have an extra 13.3 gallon keggle (top cut out w/plasma cutter but haven't cut a port into the side yet) that we can sell... $30. PM me if interested.
Brad