Beer in Co2 Regulator

Oh yes! Everything you ever wanted to know about equipment or ask about equipment, this is the place to be! Share photos or ideas about equipment here.

Moderator: Post Moderators

glenn973

Beer in Co2 Regulator

Post by glenn973 »

<ahem> yeah, so I goofed. I hooked up a pressurized keg to the out port on my corny keg and beer shot into the gas line and out the Co2 regulator.
Now the regulator doesn't seem to be reading the pressure correctly.

Can I fix this by cleaning it out real well? (if so, how? can i submerge it in water without messing up the gauge?)

Or should I just a screw it and get a new gauge?
maltbarley

Re: Beer in Co2 Regulator

Post by maltbarley »

It can be taken apart and cleaned (or rebuilt) but the chances of the case being a bitch to open are high. If it's an older regulator and not a particularly high quality one, just buy another.

As far as how to do it, here's an exploded view that may help explain it:

By the way, number 15 is a check valve that would have prevented your error. I'm not sure if the Bruery Provisions has these but it's highly recommended.
glenn973

Re: Beer in Co2 Regulator

Post by glenn973 »

Thanks for the exploded view! It looks pretty straight forward. I'll have to see what how hard mine is to open up.

I know I saw some valves at Bruery Provisions last time I was there. I'll have to see if they are check valves. Kind of expensive from what I remember, but after this, i'll consider the price worth it.

Thanks for your help!