Tri-Clover Quick Disconnects

Oh yes! Everything you ever wanted to know about equipment or ask about equipment, this is the place to be! Share photos or ideas about equipment here.

Moderator: Post Moderators

backyard brewer

Tri-Clover Quick Disconnects

Post by backyard brewer »

If anyone is looking for the ultimate in brewery conectivity, I've added Tri-Clover quick disconnects to the brewershardware.com product line. They are sold as a set with a 1/2"MPT connection on one side for your ball valve and a 1/2" hose bard on the other. Each set includes a PTFE gasket and single hinge clamp. A set runs $34.95

brianc

Re: Tri-Clover Quick Disconnects

Post by brianc »

Funny. A couple nights ago I was wondering if you could or were going to do such a thing. I am very interested, but it might be a little while.
BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

Those are really nice D. I am happy with my SS QDs, but I am tempted to get some of these. I will definitely pimp these every chance I get.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada down at Trader Vic's
backyard brewer

BrewMasterBrad wrote:Those are really nice D. I am happy with my SS QDs, but I am tempted to get some of these. I will definitely pimp these every chance I get.
Thanks Brad! Yeah, if you already have SS QD's, you're set. I just dig these cause they don't leak. Quick they are not though.....
brianc wrote:Funny. A couple nights ago I was wondering if you could or were going to do such a thing. I am very interested, but it might be a little while.
Even funnier is I spent quite a bit of money on the material, then even more for the machining I can't do (after destroying some material) then, I got the material back and was resigned that I'd destroy the first few. The first couple were acceptable but shaky and by the 12th one I was like, "Did I just weld that??"

Now if only I brewed beer...........
brianc

Post by brianc »

backyard brewer wrote:Even funnier is I spent quite a bit of money on the material, then even more for the machining I can't do (after destroying some material) then, I got the material back and was resigned that I'd destroy the first few. The first couple were acceptable but shaky and by the 12th one I was like, "Did I just weld that??"

Now if only I brewed beer...........
They look awesome. Very nice work. Think you will sell the pieces individually as well?

Damn you Derrin! :wink:
brahn
Site Admin

Post by brahn »

Those are awesome Derrin! I'm tempted to swap out my SS QD's for these...
backyard brewer

brianc wrote:Think you will sell the pieces individually as well?
For club members that's not a problem at all. On my website I'll wait and see what the demand is like. Selling it as a set lets me control raw material better.
backyard brewer

I uploaded some new images of these fittings. Someone pointed out that the first ones looked terrible and made the welds look like they were full of pits and voids. They are really hard to photograph because the polishing reflects everything. I also changed the design to use a hex nipple on the MPT fittings so a wrench can be used to tighten them up.
BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

You suck Derrin. You're making me want to spend money that I don't have.

I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada down at Trader Vic's