Bellevue, Wa

Just tasted something great or not so great? Have a favorite restaurant, cigar or pub you'd like to talk about? Review it here.

Moderator: Post Moderators

brahn
Site Admin

Bellevue, Wa

Post by brahn »

Well, I find myself in Bellevue, Wa for a couple days on business so I figured I'd see what I could find in terms of beer.

Redhook's everywhere, but since the beers I've found are available in So Cal I haven't bothered. Most places have Mac and Jack's African Amber on tap. I like this beer, it pours very cloudy and has a great bready, caramel aroma that's well balanced by some yummy citrusy hops. The flavor is quite like the aroma and this beer is very drinkable. From what I've gathered this beer is only kegged and only available in the pacific northwest.

I also ran (literally!) to a wine place called Pete's during my very limited free time. I wish I could have carried more back to the hotel and now I have to figure out how to get all (er, most) of this beer home tomorrow. I picked up a four pack of Oskar Blues Ten Fidy Imperial Stout. I drank one of these and was very impressed. This is a killer RIS and I wish we could get in So Cal. From Pike I grabbed some Tandem and Extra Stout. From Elysian, The Wise (ESB, drinking this now, YUM!), The Immortal (IPA), Dragonstooth (FES/RIS?), Perseus (Porter, what was I thinking?). From Snoqualmie, Wildcat IPA. From Dogfish Head, 120 Minute IPA, and Red & White.

I could have bought so much more from Pete's but I was limited by what I could carry and it was heavy enough for the 3/4 mile jog back to the hotel as it was.
pt

Post by pt »

Public transportation an option?
http://transit.metrokc.gov/
spkrtoy

Post by spkrtoy »

Great finds Brent!

You could go to The UPS Store and pack-n-ship 'em or go get some bubble wrap or newspapers and some tape and pack 'em really well in your suitcase. See if your hotel has any old grungy lost n found suitcases or find a thrift store locally to pack them in.

When I go on trips I usually pack a suitcase in a suitcase just in case I run into a find like this to have extra room to get the loot back home safely.
Cheers,
Lyn
Everybody has the right to be stupid. Some people abuse the privilege.

I hope life isn’t a big joke, because I don’t get it.
What I don't Know Far out weighs what I do.
brahn
Site Admin

Post by brahn »

ptb, it was only 3/4 of a mile and I was on a VERY tight schedule. I barely made it back in time for my dinner as it was.

Lyn, I ripped up the box that the store gave it to me in and wrapped up all the bottles. I managed to get them all back in perfect shape. Woohoo!