January Club Meeting - riip Beer Co - Tuesday January 17th, 7pm

This is an open forum to discuss all things that just might be on your mind.

Moderators: Post Moderators, Cheers Moderator

Will we see you at riip?

Poll ended at Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:36 pm

Yes, and I have beer to share.
27%
Yes, I don’t have beer to share, but I’ll share my opinions
73%
No, No beer for me.
No votes

Total votes: 11

Justin H
Club President

January Club Meeting - riip Beer Co - Tuesday January 17th, 7pm

Post by Justin H »

Our next club meeting will be Tuesday, January 17th, 7:00pm at:
riip Beer Co.
17214 Pacific Coast Hwy
Huntington Beach, Ca 92649

https://riip.beer/

riip has always been great to us, so please come on out, show your support and try some of the best IPAs you’ll ever have.

Meetings are open to all Brewcommune forum members (paid and non-paid). If you are new to Brewcommune, come out and introduce yourself. Also, please bring your homebrew if you would like to receive feedback.

Please drop a comment to let us know if you plan on attending.
lexuschris

Re: January Club Meeting - riip Beer Co - Tuesday January 17th, 7pm

Post by lexuschris »

Love Riip! Looking forward to the meeting!
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
WillL

Post by WillL »

See y'all tomorrow! :happybeer:
Reid
Club Treasurer

Post by Reid »

Look forward to seeing everyone this evening at RIIP.
Justin H
Club President

Post by Justin H »

Thanks to all of you who came out on Tuesday for our first meeting of 2023 at riip beer co. Here is a recap the meeting for those who could not attend. The turnout was awesome. We had easily 15 to 20 people attend the meeting. Between Ro, Jim S, Tim S, Chris and Clavin there were 9 beers, meads or braggots shared.
Your club officers this year are:
Competition/Style Coordinator: Bear with me Deer
Secretary: romen
Treasurer: Reid
President: Justin H

To encourage stronger attendance at our official meetings, as a club we are reverting to our traditional bi-monthly meeting schedule; meeting on the third Tuesday of odd numbered months (subject to availability). During even numbered months we will attempt to revive club brew days hosted at members homes. If you are willing to host a brew day please post in the forums. As incentive the club is considering reimbursement of the ingredients for a members first hosted club brew day. You will still see unofficial meet ups in the forum on even months but we will not be asking for permission to bring home-brewed beer to these breweries. Do not bring beer to these meet ups.

The 2023 SoCal Homebrew Fest will be held May 5th & 6th. As a club we have plan to pour beer this year at the festival. The interest seems to be stronger this year as we have 11 sites reserved. See Tim's post https://brewcommune.com/forum/viewtopic ... 4&start=15 for a list of those going. We also reserved 1 additional campsite for those who may have missed the call out, but would still like to attend. I strongly encourage anyone on the fence to join us. Details on how to get tickets are also in the post linked above.

There was discussion with Brian, Brian & Michael of organizing club brew type event at Brewing Reserve of California where members can bring kegs or buckets and take wort home to ferment. Further discussion will need to take place to gauge club interest and cost.

There was plenty of discussion and ideas shared on how to increase activity and involvement both online and in person. I welcome anybody with ideas to share them and see what we can do to have a positive impact on the club.

If there were any talking points at the meeting that I failed to mention here, please fill in the missing pieces so that we may all be informed.