Breweries with good setups during COVID

This is an open forum to discuss all things that just might be on your mind.

Moderators: Post Moderators, Cheers Moderator

bwarbiany

Breweries with good setups during COVID

Post by bwarbiany »

Bars are still closed, unless they're "restaurants", which it seems most breweries are finding a way to get around, whether they offered food before this or not. Indoor dining is closed, but it seems a lot of breweries have setup outdoor operations to stay open.

Still some breweries [and some customer bases] may be handling this entire thing, from their setups to their practices, better or worse than others as it relates to COVID.

In OC, who has a good setup? Thinking about taking a Jeep ride to a brewery this weekend, and looking for one with:
  • Socially distanced tables outdoor with shade.
  • Enough seating that on a weekend around lunchtime/mid-afternoon it's unlikely there'll be a wait for a table.
  • Good beer (of course), but a mix of styles, not just every variety of orange juice looking IPAs.
I think locally here, Laguna Beach Beer Company (in RSM) has taken over a bunch of their parking lot to put in picnic tables with umbrellas for shade, and meets these requirements. But we've been there a bunch of times personally, so might want to try somewhere we haven't been or gone to recently.
Brad
CurtisG

Re: Breweries with good setups during COVID

Post by CurtisG »

The new Hanger 24 in Irvine is massive. Huge outdoor space, tons of tables and shade. They have two bars so you don't have to walk all the way back to the brewery to order a second beer. Food is good too.

Beer's pretty good too.
ctninh

Post by ctninh »

Hangar 24 in Irvine is huge and lots of outdoor/patio space. The 2nd bar wasn't open when I was there weeks ago.

These places have covered seating. Food entrees are required to order beer.
-Riip - food places nearby, crowded sometimes
-Bottle Logic - sandwiches on site, can be crowded
-Unsung - food places nearby
-Stereo - looks set up well on their social media
-Beachwood HB
hjw

Post by hjw »

Brewery X has a large covered outdoor area with a large selection of very tasty brews. They are also open until midnight.
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

Thanks everyone. I hadn't even heard that Hangar 24 had opened in Irvine. I've always liked their beers, but I think I've only been there once when I had to drop off competition beers. Because who wants to drive to Redlands, ever?

I think we'll end up checking that out.

But keep the recommendations coming--I'm sure this would be a useful repository for a lot of us.
Brad
ctninh

Post by ctninh »

https://ocbrewgirl.com/

Combined with Google analytics, you can extimate how crowded a place is throughout the day by searching the brewery.

-Calvin
lars

Post by lars »

Broken Timbers has a fairly nice setup... Fridays - Sundays. Shade, socially distant tables and usually not too crowded.
Shut up and brew