Club Tournament Rules and Sign up

This is an open forum to discuss all things that just might be on your mind.

Moderators: Post Moderators, Cheers Moderator

theairtry1

Re: Club Tournament Rules and Sign up

Post by theairtry1 »

Hey Guys, the bracket is updated to include a losers bracket.

Also I had some more thoughts about how the beers will be judged. If everyone is okay with it, we will do the judging as blind as possible and use BrewBrawl to rate each of the beers. The judging will be based on the style guidelines as a starting point and if you want to do anything different, i.e. Dry hopping, adding coffee/chocolate, should be listed and taken into the judging. Then we would award up to the max points on BrewBrawl according to how well each beer tastes and how well meets style with consideration to anything done differently to the beer.

Also, if anyone else would like to enter, I have two people interested but we would need two more to make a balanced bracket. All the current match-ups would stay the same but the final match up and the losers bracket may change.

Let me know if that sounds good and good luck to everyone on the first round!!
theairtry1

Post by theairtry1 »

Hey everyone,

I have gone ahead and filled out the rest of the styles for the bracket so you can plan your road to victory.

Good luck to you all!!!
CurtisG

Post by CurtisG »

C'mon we just need 2 more people! I know there's more than 10 people in the club :happybeer:
Justin H
Club President

Post by Justin H »

Throw my name in the hat if it gets you to the number you need.
theairtry1

Post by theairtry1 »

Hey guys,
The first off month meeting is coming up so I hope everyone has brewed their beer for the tournament. If not, this weekend might be your last chance to get it finished in time!

For the competition, please bring your beer in as much of a nondescript container as you can,like the stainless steel growlers I always use, so we can try to keep the judging as blind as possible. I also have a planned way to serve the beer to try to keep it more blind that I hope we can go over a little before the meeting.

Good luck to everyone!!!
CurtisG

Post by CurtisG »

My porter is getting cold crashed and kegged this weekend!
Megastout

Post by Megastout »

I am ready!
theairtry1

Post by theairtry1 »

Hey guys,
As of now, with everything going, on the tournament is still on. As long as next months off month meeting happens, we will be doing the tournament. If it doesn’t, I’ll see what we can do to keep it going later in the year