Club Meeting Notes 11/19/2013

This is an open forum to discuss all things that just might be on your mind.

Moderators: Post Moderators, Cheers Moderator

Blackcomb

Club Meeting Notes 11/19/2013

Post by Blackcomb »

Hey everyone,

Here are meeting notes from Out of the Park on 11/19/2013. I will be trying a few things for posting the notes so please let me know if anyone is unable to view.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dIv ... sp=sharing

Here are a few pictures of the meeting:

Attachments
Meeting Notes 11_19_2013.pdf
(75.06 KiB) Downloaded 228 times
Last edited by Blackcomb on Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
lexuschris

Re: Club Meeting Notes 11/19/2013

Post by lexuschris »

Looks good! Nice write-up!
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Good writeup Tim.

Can I suggest that the notes be posted in the meeting threads here instead of on an external site? Down the road, should anything happen with your google docs account, we'll lose the notes that were linked. It also makes it searchable here for the content in the notes.
BlackComb wrote: Brewcommune Meeting Notes
Meeting notes from November 19, 2013 at Out of the Park Pizza

Discussed
Overview of Beach City learn to homebrew day, club turnout, and great reception.

Finalizing of new club officers for 2014. They are as follows:
President: Swedish Men’s Bikini Team (also known as Chris L.)
Vice President: Jon W.
Treasurer: Sam B.
Secretary: Tim R (Blackcomb)
Style and Comp. Coord: Brad W.

SCHF 2014. Talked about location of the sites, voting on the style of beer (club voted lager), and how Tim R (Blackcomb) was placed so far away from everyone else :P. Brian C has promised to bring more sours. Also discussed were adding name + style to beers on the board as names don’t always give an idea of style and universal club labeling of kegs for easy identification.

Chris L talked about doing more events as a club. It was brought up about perhaps working towards judging certification and Brad N talked for a few moments about his experiences working as a judge at competitions.

Conversation about the next years club barrel brew. A new post will be made with voting enabled to decide which should be brewed. Mentioned were an Old Ale or a Porter.

Tim R (maltbarley) did a style presentation on lagers. The beers passed around as style guidelines were:
Trumer Pils
Sierra Nevada Summerfest
Weihenstephancer Original Premium
Kostritzer
Celebrator Dopplebock
Zodiac Porter

Homebrews Shared

Forgive me if I left anyone off. All beers shared were quite good, and if I didn’t hear it announced I may have missed it. Here are beers that were passed around:

Tim R (maltbarley) - Mystery beer in Shasta bottle
Jon W - Espresso coffee porter
Chris L - Pale Ale using Sedona hops
Jon W - Pale ale using fresh hops from Dan H.
Brian and Sam - Blonde Ale (Brads recipe)
Chris L - Moose Drool clone
Tim R (maltbarley) - Oktoberfest
Tony - Pumpkin Ale
Jon W - Pale ale with Simcoe hops
Curtis - Kolsh
Brad N - My Bock
Will L (new member) - Hef
Tony - Wit using muscat grapes
Brad N - Rye IPA
Last edited by JonW on Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blackcomb

Post by Blackcomb »

JonW wrote:Good writeup Tim.

Can I suggest that the notes be posted in the meeting threads here instead of on an external site? Down the road, should anything happen with your google docs account, we'll lose the notes that were linked. It also makes it searchable here for the content in the notes.
I guess you are stuck with me then ha! :happybeer:

But that's a great point. I have edited the original post to have it attached as a PDF to the board itself as well as posted in the event anyone didn't want to download something.

I could also cut and paste to the board itself should that be the better way to go. I'll let you guys make the call.
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

Great write-up.

1) I'm interested in going through BJCP if we decide as a club to do another round of it.

2) For the SCHF board, I think we should make sure that the brewer's name (or other identifying info) is included. Even if it's just initials... It would be helpful to know when serving exactly who brewed what beer in case people coming by have questions.
Brad
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

bwarbiany wrote:Great write-up.

1) I'm interested in going through BJCP if we decide as a club to do another round of it.

2) For the SCHF board, I think we should make sure that the brewer's name (or other identifying info) is included. Even if it's just initials... It would be helpful to know when serving exactly who brewed what beer in case people coming by have questions.
Ditto on the BJCP. I'd love to do it.

For the SCHF beer board, we already have columns for: Beer, Style, Brewer, SRM, IBU & ABV.

I think the discussion Chris brought up about this was more about keg labeling, not board labeling.

Here's the board from the 2013 SCHF:
Blackcomb

Post by Blackcomb »

Ah I got you Jon. I'll be sure to post the contents inside the board itself on the next round!
backyard brewer

Post by backyard brewer »

I'd really like to do the BJCP program as well. Depending on the requirements etc, this is something I would consider subsidizing the class or sponsoring it outright. Also when we move here in the next month, I'll have plenty of room to host the classes as well. I don't have the lease signed yet, but assuming no last minute issues we're moving to 5128 sqft near Bolsa and Springdale.