September Meeting

This is an open forum to discuss all things that just might be on your mind.

Moderators: Post Moderators, Cheers Moderator

backhousebrew

September Meeting

Post by backhousebrew »

Out of the Park Pizza in Anaheim has been very accomodating to us this year. We appreciate the use of their facility and that we are allowed to bring and share some of our homebrew with each other during the meetings. I know it is a long drive for some of our members and it would be nice to move the meetings to different locations so it isn't the same people making the long drive every time.
If any members know of a place where we could meet that is quiet enough to hear our speakers and that will allow us to bring in our own beer, please post it or pm me the information and I will follow up on it. For now, the meeting is scheduled for Sept. 18 at 7pm at Out of the Park.
Drink Good Beer!
dhempy

Re: September Meeting

Post by dhempy »

This has been added to the Calendar ... Don .. you should be able to edit and add address etc.
Thanks. Dan
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Bump for tomorrow nights meeting.
SamIam

Post by SamIam »

I'm out, back to school night.
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day!"
~Frank Sinatra
brahn
Site Admin

Post by brahn »

I'm out, I'll be racking my tripel so it's ready to go into the barrel on Wednesday.
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

I also wanted to remind folks who ordred t-shirts and have not picked them up yet, they will be available at the meeting tomorrow night!

:happybeer:
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
3rdto1st

Post by 3rdto1st »

Chris, I won't be there tonight, but will be at the barrel fill tomorrow. Can I grab my shirt there?
Brewing soon: KtG
Primary :
Secondary: Sucaba clone (on oak soaked in EC12)
Kegs: Kate the just OK, English SMASH

Gals brewed '11: 50
Gals brewed '12: 50
Greywolf

Post by Greywolf »

What is the style of the month? Wondering if I have anything to bring to add to the conversation.
GreyWolf27
maltbarley

Post by maltbarley »

That's a good question. I do know I'll be bringing a 2 month old Korean IPA to share, so I might just do that for the style. I'll know by the time I go to Total Wine at lunch time.
brahn
Site Admin

Post by brahn »

3rdto1st wrote:Chris, I won't be there tonight, but will be at the barrel fill tomorrow. Can I grab my shirt there?
+1!
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

brahn wrote:
3rdto1st wrote:Chris, I won't be there tonight, but will be at the barrel fill tomorrow. Can I grab my shirt there?
+1!
T-shirts will be at the barrel fill on Wednesday as well! :)
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
maltbarley

Post by maltbarley »

Ok, the style I'll be presenting tonight will be only 19A - Old Ale. We will do a club only competition for this one and entries will be due at the October brew day. The AHA entries are due due November 10, 2012.

I'll be bringing commercial examples tonight to get you excited about brewing your own. If I can swing it, I'll bring some from a brew day at Cockale Brewery on 1/1/11. If you have your own and just want to bring it for fun, please do. Unfortunately, this style benefits from some good aging, but then you might already have some waiting around for this event (ahem, Old Man Winter).
backhousebrew

Post by backhousebrew »

maltbarley wrote:Ok, the style I'll be presenting tonight will be only 19A - Old Ale. We will do a club only competition for this one and entries will be due at the October brew day. The AHA entries are due due November 10, 2012.

I'll be bringing commercial examples tonight to get you excited about brewing your own. If I can swing it, I'll bring some from a brew day at Cockale Brewery on 1/1/11. If you have your own and just want to bring it for fun, please do. Unfortunately, this style benefits from some good aging, but then you might already have some waiting around for this event (ahem, Old Man Winter).
I have some 1/1/11 Old Ale from the same brew day that I'll bring along.

Aging this beer is critical. At least 1yr for it to really smooth out.
A batch I made 8/21/10 did well a year later at the 2011 OC Fair.
A 9/4/11 batch did well at the 2012 Fair. I'll bring a couple bottles of it.
Drink Good Beer!
BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

Can't make it tonight. Teaching again, but I will be there in spirit. I am going to try my darndest to be at the barrell fill tomorrow at least until 2:30 or 3:00 so I don't get stuck in traffic on the way home.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada down at Trader Vic's
Greywolf

Post by Greywolf »

Great meeting last night!
Great presentation on the old ales! Thanks Tim!
I gotta say, my favorite was "Old Engine Oil" nice smokey, roasty goodness.

Thanks to Chris for grabbin the kegs and shuttling them over to the Breuery.

See you all on Saturday at the Fest of Ales!
GreyWolf27