I am Insane

This is an open forum to discuss all things that just might be on your mind.

Moderators: Post Moderators, Cheers Moderator

3rdto1st

I am Insane

Post by 3rdto1st »

Just putting that out there.

Today I did my first AG batch... and my second.... and my third.

Yes, you read that right, through massive amounts multitasking, I did 3 all grains in 11 hours. :shock:

Started off my day with the Kate the Great that I posted in the recipe section. Had to use 2lb DME and fell short of OG by 6 points, so I'm ok with that.

Followed up with a milk stout recipe that was half from Jamil, and half from Brad W. It was fun to not have to deal with as much grain as Kate. Used S-04 for the yeast since thats the best I could find.

Finished off with a Gose recipe that Brad W was nice enough to share with me. Probably the lightest beer I have ever made, but should be good drinkin.

A few thoughts on AG, I love it. I did batch sparging, and could have probably done a few things to make my life easier, but I think it's so much better than BIAB. More thoughts on this will probably come later, for now I need to eat and have some brew instead of making it.
Brewing soon: KtG
Primary :
Secondary: Sucaba clone (on oak soaked in EC12)
Kegs: Kate the just OK, English SMASH

Gals brewed '11: 50
Gals brewed '12: 50
BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Re: I am Insane

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

That's quite an undertaking. Nice work. I would love to try the Gose as Brad W. seemed to really like it when he made it.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada down at Trader Vic's
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

You pulled a 3-grainer? Outstanding!

Looking forward to trying this gose I keep hearing about!
Lexuschris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

Wow, that's a big day.

I'm brewing the milk stout tomorrow, so we'll be able to do a side-by-side tasting on that.

Gose is scheduled to brew and be ready to drink just in time for the SCHF -- hoping I'll be able to attend!
Brad