Home brew swap website (brewshuffle.com)

This is an open forum to discuss all things that just might be on your mind.

Moderators: Post Moderators, Cheers Moderator

gauzzastrip

Re: Home brew swap website (brewshuffle.com)

Post by gauzzastrip »

I can make it take you to your brewer page but I'm going to take you to the page it is now if you have not entered a brewery name. Allowing comments is a beast I would have to tackle when I have more time so it will go low on the to do list (and gets complicated with trolls and spammers). Adding a brewer bio shouldn't be too difficult.

Drinking beer - You can only review a beer if you have completed a shuffle. If the bottles are not to be returned then the drinker needs to mark that they received he beer then a shuffle is complete. If bottles are to be returned it waits until the brewer marks that they get their bottles back and then the shuffle is complete. I think I tried to write something similar to that on the help page. http://brewshuffle.com/help
It is built that way to prevent spam / annoying people / trolls.

The logout thing is weird, I have not have that happened to me yet. In fact I haven't had to login for the past 2 weeks. I will try to look into it, but it should always attempt to rebuild your login (unless you switched browsers or something or cleared your cookies, idk).
nico soze

Post by nico soze »

well i don't really know a whole lot about the man behind the curtain if you get me. i'm just saying that the stats menu is the only place i can look at breweries i don't already know exist, and then only the ones that make it into the stats menu. i can't look at them on a map or search for them in the search menu. you can't do like a "search on brewshuffle" thing?

the purpose of the message board was to communicate with brewers i only know from here. i just personally don't use private messaging or watch features at all. i guess that would work for most people.

all of this is really just about connecting better with people THROUGH brewshuffle.com i'm starting to think i need to get one or two of buddies in on this so i can see how things work a little better.

umm. i probably should have read the help menu. duh. why don't you make the brewer mark that they gave the beer instead. that way it completely eliminates the troll problem. i haven't found a button yet that indicates ive recieved a beer. let me look some more.

yeah of course you gotta go to that page the first time so you can fill it out. but it sends me there every time i log in.

the login thing hasn't happened again. i forget what page it was but i was sent to the log in screen instead of the one i clicked on.
nico soze

Post by nico soze »

i requested a beer from who i think is you so i can see how it works
nico soze

Post by nico soze »

you know what?

admin...this is kind of boring for everyone else. just delete everything but the original couple posts please.