Oh hai!

This is an open forum to discuss all things that just might be on your mind.

Moderators: Post Moderators, Cheers Moderator

grico

Oh hai!

Post by grico »

It was great to meet some of you at the last meeting. I will probably not remember any of you the next time I see you. I will apologize for that now, and hope I can start to remember more people as we move forward. Here is a little bit about me.

Hello! My name is Rico, and I have been brewing since March. My last brew (Honey Basil Ale) I gave a try at all-grain, and was delighted to see that i was able to make sugar. This of course opens up a new world of water, salts and i am sure a bunch of other things that I cant even think about yet. I am a big fan of good beer, and my taste runs the entire spectrum. However, i have to say that IPAs and Stouts are by far my favorite brews to drink.

I am the Director of Technology for a private high school in the OC area, so my day is filled with plenty of questions and tasks that would drive any sane person to drink their weight in booze. While that would be fun, I enjoy savoring my beer and its distinct characteristics. I love to cook and experiment with beer and other forms of hooch in my recipes. I love watching hockey (Go Ducks), F1 (Go Vettle), MotoGP (Go Spies/Rossi), and football (Go Spurs), you know the one played with a foot and ball not your hands and a egg. I am also a aspiring triathlete, and I hope to accomplish a Half-Ironman next year, and a Full-Ironman by 2015. So we will see what comes of that, but as long as i am fueled by beer.. i am sure i can do it.

If the group ever needs any servers, rack space, help with anything IT just let me know. Though I have found that a lot of homebrewers are in IT. None the less I am here to help! I also find that another person to do a sanity check doesnt hurt.

Sláinte :cheers:
Gallons Brewed 2011: 85
Gallons Brewed 2012: 165
backhousebrew

Re: Oh hai!

Post by backhousebrew »

Welcome Grico!
Nice to have you aboard!
Drink Good Beer!
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

Welcome! Good to have someone else who will be excited about Sunday's race at Laguna Seca :-)
Brad
dhempy

Post by dhempy »

Welcome Grico!

Dan
Blackcomb

Post by Blackcomb »

Welcome, and it was great sitting next to you and meeting you!
grico

Post by grico »

bwarbiany wrote:Welcome! Good to have someone else who will be excited about Sunday's race at Laguna Seca :-)
Yay! Sad I couldnt go up this year. This will be my second year in a row not attending the race. In the future I will have to plan some race watching weekends.
Brew30

Post by Brew30 »

Welcome aboard!
grico

Post by grico »

Thanks for the welcome! Cant wait for the next get together, i will be sure to bring some of my brews next time.
Brewfoo

Post by Brewfoo »

Grico makes good burritos.

Check out my 1st Triathlaton I'm trying to put together on July 30th. See Events thread/Partial Mashing.
Beer....it's the new "water."
maltbarley

Post by maltbarley »

Welcome Rico!
grico

Post by grico »

Cheers mate.