1/18/2011 Meeting 7PM at Addison HBP/Fullerton

This is an open forum to discuss all things that just might be on your mind.

Moderators: Post Moderators, Cheers Moderator

Coming to the January 2011 Meeting?

Poll ended at Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:17 am

Absolutely!
50%
Quite possibly, if the planets align...
21%
Shucks, cannot make it AGAIN!
29%

Total votes: 14

lexuschris

1/18/2011 Meeting 7PM at Addison HBP/Fullerton

Post by lexuschris »

Happy New Year! The serendipitous seasonal solstice celebrations are behind us! 2011 has wafted in upon drizzling clouds & chilly nights. Winter warmers have been keeping us sublimely subdued for substantially sustained stretches of the season. It is time to crack the crusticles of coma induced consumables and commune, confer, confide & converse at our community crowding of brewing consumables!

Please join us on Tuesday, January 18th, 2011 @ 7pm at Addison's Homebrew Provisions in Fullerton. OC Eric has again proferred his humble homebrew store for our generous & gleeful gathering!

Addison Homebrew Provisions
1328 E. Orangethorpe Ave.
Fullerton, CA 92831
http://www.homebrewprovisions.com

The store has the space, but not the chairs neccessary. So please bring your own folding or lawn chair, plus an extra chair to share if you can. Last time we had just enough to seat everyone.

Please bring your homebrew, mead & ciders to pass around & talk about. Posting your brew's recipe in the club database is a great way for everyone to remember your creation, and match ingredients & techniques to real-world tastings. This is also a great place to ask questions, and solicit advice about your beer.

We have Brewmaster Brad's style presentation & competition updates, an update about the Southern California Homebrew Festival on April 30th-May1st, and are looking for volunteers to help on a BrewCommune competition of our own!

See you all there!
--LexusChris
Last edited by lexuschris on Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
maltbarley

Re: 1/18/2011 Meeting 7PM at Addison HBP/Fullerton

Post by maltbarley »

And with that eloquent opening, how could you not attend?
BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

I will not be able to attend since I have to teach tonight. The current quarter ends March 11 and I should have my schedule for next quarter today. Hopefully, I won't be teaching on Tuesdays any more. Sorry for the late notice, but I was out of town all last week for work and I totally forgot about the meeting. The good news is that I have Thursday and Friday off so I will be brewing on Thursday and fishing on Friday.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada down at Trader Vic's
maltbarley

Post by maltbarley »

Dear mr style coordinator, might you have something in mind? It would be cool if you pawn that off on someone. That someone could be me if there are no other volunteers.
BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

maltbarley wrote:Dear mr style coordinator, might you have something in mind? It would be cool if you pawn that off on someone. That someone could be me if there are no other volunteers.
I was thinking about English Pale Ales, but you are more than welcome to change that and go with the flow.
brahn
Site Admin

Post by brahn »

I could do a style presentation if you don't want to Mr Pres.
maltbarley

Post by maltbarley »

Brent, I appreciate that and look forward to it.
brahn
Site Admin

Post by brahn »

I'll stick with Brad's plan and go over category 8 - English Pale Ale. I'm attaching the style guidelines here, I'll have some copies with me as well.
Attachments
2008_Guidelines - Category 8.pdf
(18.35 KiB) Downloaded 231 times
BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

Thanks for covering for me Brent. Hope you guys have fun tonight drinking beer and discussing beer while I am lecturing on Networking Standards and Protocols. K:-)
oc eric

Post by oc eric »

BrewMasterBrad wrote:Thanks for covering for me Brent. Hope you guys have fun tonight drinking beer and discussing beer while I am lecturing on Networking Standards and Protocols. K:-)
What could be more fun than talking about the 7 layers of the OSI model. Ah packets...I love me some good packet lecturing.

Hey Professor Brad, are you talking about priority packets (or whatever they are calling it now - been out of the IT game for a bit)? Neat concept. I remember when virtual networks were all the rage.

And now back to your regular beer programming.
An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk with his fools. - Hemingway
BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

oc eric wrote:
BrewMasterBrad wrote:Thanks for covering for me Brent. Hope you guys have fun tonight drinking beer and discussing beer while I am lecturing on Networking Standards and Protocols. K:-)
What could be more fun than talking about the 7 layers of the OSI model. Ah packets...I love me some good packet lecturing.

Hey Professor Brad, are you talking about priority packets (or whatever they are calling it now - been out of the IT game for a bit)? Neat concept. I remember when virtual networks were all the rage.

And now back to your regular beer programming.
Last night's lecture was pretty much all about layer 3. Routing, containing broadcast domains, etc. Nothing too exciting. I did load the iBeer app on my Droid so I could at least pretend to be drinking with you guys.
tikitatt

Post by tikitatt »

Thank you everyone for the beer, entertainment and the education. I look forward to attending more meetings in the future and furthering my education in beer. When will the next club event take place and for how long?

Thank you,
John
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

Thanks for a great evening everyone!

From Scott's mead to Brent's excellent presentation of English bitters, it was a fun time! Hopefully, I can get my details for March's meeting together a little earlier.. :roll:

Next open meeting will be in March, third-Tuesday, 15th-ish... I'll try to post 30-days in advance, so look for a mid February post in this forum.

For club members, there are frequent postings about club brew days at member's houses, and other events. Check out the Club-Only Events forum.

For those friends, but not yet members of BrewCommune, the Southern California Homebrew Festival is coming up at the end of April. You do not need to be a member of our club to attend, and it is a fantastic event! Full of beer, fun people, beer, beautiful scenery, beer and good times!

Sign up and make your way up there, and stop by and visit our taps on The Bruery beer truck!
:happybeer:
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
JonGoku

Post by JonGoku »

Sorry I missed this even after asking when it would be. I ended up being on a business trip to Japan and so was unable to attend. I do hope to actually get to some events this year though.

Cheers!
Jon Image