Who's brewing this weekend??

This is an open forum to discuss all things that just might be on your mind.

Moderators: Post Moderators, Cheers Moderator

Haemon

Re: Who's brewing this weekend??

Post by Haemon »

I will definitely cold age it, you basically described my problem to a T. Also, I think I may have gone a little overboard with the yeast nutrient and aeration so it's a little more green than I had anticipated. You used 320 but I think I was using 330-- the Bavarian-- but I'm sure it'll turn out the same. Mid August here I come! lol
StarRaptor

Post by StarRaptor »

Haemon wrote: We had cooled down the wort post-flameout to 100F, and I poured it into the fermenter, then grabbed the other 2.5 gallon container of water to cold break it. It was one of those pull-tap kinds, so I stab the top to vent, cut the limiter tab and pull the tap on it. After about six seconds, without warning, the tap comes straight off of the container and shoots directly into the fermenter! I haven't laughed that hard in awhile.
It was pretty funny, Haemon did confirm that it actually went into the fermenter? if it did be sure to log it into your notes so that when the recipe wins you'll know to always include the cap of one 2.5 gallon arrowhead water jug :happybeer:
Haemon

Post by Haemon »

I am usually such a good note taker but goodness I can never remember to log my process!