Greetings

This is an open forum to discuss all things that just might be on your mind.

Moderators: Post Moderators, Cheers Moderator

ArrogantDan

Greetings

Post by ArrogantDan »

I'd like to take the time to introduce myself. My name is Dan and I'm the newest member of the BrewCommune. I'm a full-on hop head who loves big beers, especially Belgians. My favorite West Coast Brewery is Stone and my favorite East Coast Brewery is Dogfish Head. I'm always looking for one of their beers I have'nt tried yet, and it looks like I'll be going to the Stone Brewery in a couple of weeks. I've been brewing for a little more than a year now, six months into all-grain. I've been brewing in the garage those six months and I'm just now starting to keg (what a relief!!!).
About a month and a half ago, I was cleaning up after a brew day and a neighbor walked up to me and said "heah, I didn't know you're a homebrewer". It turned out to be Jeremy (Marotte Brewery) who is a member of the commune also. Since then Jeremy, Justin (socalcc), and myself have had a couple of brew days that were a lot of fun. At this point I'm a sponge taking in a lot of info, learning quite a bit. I've been by Addison Homebrew Provisions a couple of times and oc eric was a lot help and is way "cool". For those of you who have'nt been by, make it a priority, it's a great shop.
I look forward to meeting everybody soon and making better beers.
Cheers,
ArrogantDan
Haemon

Re: Greetings

Post by Haemon »

Hello there Dan! looks like I'm not the New Guy anymore :mrgreen:

You actually sound like you're in the same situation I'm in-- brewing for a year or so, just starting to keg. Welcome and have fun!
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

Welcome to BrewCommune Dan!!!
:cheers:

Lots of cool & fun folks in the group! From professional brewers to professional amatuers to newbies like you & me! :D

Looking forward to meeting you at the next club brew-day or meeting!
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
brahn
Site Admin

Post by brahn »

Welcome Dan!
maltbarley

Post by maltbarley »

Welcome!
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

Sounds like you need to take a trip up to Russian River. They do some stellar IPAs, but even beyond they've got a much wider Belgian, barrel-aged, and sour beer lineup than Stone.

And, of course, I can only assume you're familiar with The Bruery...
Brad
Marotte Brewery

Post by Marotte Brewery »

ArrogantDan wrote: Since then Jeremy, Justin (socalcc), and myself have had a couple of brew days that were a lot of fun.
Yeah. Since I have yet to take the all-grain plunge myself (as far as my own equpiment, anyway), it has been fun brewing some great all grain beers with you. Especially since we can brew 10 gallons and then split the batches. One of these days we need to brew the same beer on both setups to see if there is any difference (keggle w/ burner vs igloo cooler mastuns).

Welcome to the board! You have had a lot of questions, that I have tried to answer, but this is the place to get the details, as I was usually paraphrasing something I read here anyway.

Ask away!
oc eric

Post by oc eric »

Nice of you to introduce yourself to the board Dan. Great way to get acclimated to the group.

Keep on brewing - and bring something in for me to try when it's ready. :wink:
An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk with his fools. - Hemingway
BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

Welcome Dan. Don't listen to anything Jeremy says about us, we're actually pretty nice people.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada down at Trader Vic's
backhousebrew

Post by backhousebrew »

Welcome Dan!
I like your picture of The Family Guy
Don
Drink Good Beer!
Haemon

Post by Haemon »

I just realized I never made a Hi-I'm-New thread. What's the expiration date on those? lol
ArrogantDan

Post by ArrogantDan »

Yeah, I love what I've tried from Russian River (Blind Pig, Pliny the Elder, and Damnation), but based on availability and selection, I'm a Stone guy. I've only had a couple from The Bruery (both were great), but my intentions are to start trying as many as possible.