Buying Grain in Bulk?

This is an open forum to discuss all things that just might be on your mind.

Moderators: Post Moderators, Cheers Moderator

GLoBaLReBeL

Buying Grain in Bulk?

Post by GLoBaLReBeL »

Hello everyone! New member here and I was wondering if this club has a group buy of bulk grains? I've heard of people buying together to bring the price of the grains down pretty low, so I was wondering if anyone here does this and if so, how I can be a part of the next group buy! K:-) K:-)
DrDually

Re: Buying Grain in Bulk?

Post by DrDually »

Take a look for the "Homebrew Shop in Fullerton" thread. Eric is about to open doors and has great club prices

Chris
Chris aka Dr Dually
drdually@att.net

Life is tough. It is even tougher when you are stupid. John Wayne

Bottled and enjoying: Nada, zip
Kegged: English Brown, American Amber, Double Barrel Ale
Next up: Kolsch
oc eric

Post by oc eric »

DrDually wrote:Take a look for the "Homebrew Shop in Fullerton" thread. Eric is about to open doors and has great club prices

Chris
+1 :wink:
An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk with his fools. - Hemingway
jward

Post by jward »

GLoBaLReBeL wrote:Hello everyone! New member here and I was wondering if this club has a group buy of bulk grains? I've heard of people buying together to bring the price of the grains down pretty low, so I was wondering if anyone here does this and if so, how I can be a part of the next group buy! K:-) K:-)
Welcome to the forum. You might tell us a little about yourself.

I wanted to add a note that while the forums are here for the whole brewing community we have a set of forums that only Brewcommune club members can access. The club has 20-40 members from all around Southern California and occasionally someone farther away. We meet every other month at a public venue during the week. On the other months we have brewdays usually at someone's home. Home meetings are private events for members and their guests. Discounts are usually reserved for club members depending on the vendor's policies. Anyone aggregating their purchasing power usually happens in the club forums, but with local discounts we have not done much of that in a while.
dhempy

Post by dhempy »

Indeed ... let us know who you are ... come by a club meeting and get to know the crew and decide if you want to invest the $20 to become a member.

Dan