eBay sellers

This is an open forum to discuss all things that just might be on your mind.

Moderators: Post Moderators, Cheers Moderator

jward

eBay sellers

Post by jward »

What do you do about an eBay seller that doesn't deliver the goods? I recently have been buying some equipment particularly to use paintball technology for beer CO2. I'll post what I'm doing after I see how it works out. So, I made a 'buy it now' purchase from a "Top Rated Seller" who had lots of good feed back. I paid with the order. After no product arrives I send a message asking about it. I get a refund but no explanation. I ask about that too. No answer. EBay wont open a case and it doesn't say why I can't.

What to do? My eBay says I still have to pay but, at least it's aware of the refund. Am I suppose to wait for this jerk to get stuff in from China? I don't want a second one if the first doesn't work out.

Don't sellers have to agree to actually have and sell the item? I had to agree that I was making a contract when I purchased the item. Doesn't the seller make a similar agreement when they post the sale? This is the kind of shit that should de-list someone as a top seller.
DrDually

Re: eBay sellers

Post by DrDually »

Can you post a negative response? Unless seller can prove your response is incorrect, it will remain posted for all to see...just one reason I do not like to use ebay for purchases.
Check prices and you will probably find buyers usually over pay for stuff...
Just my two cents worth
Chris aka Dr Dually
drdually@att.net

Life is tough. It is even tougher when you are stupid. John Wayne

Bottled and enjoying: Nada, zip
Kegged: English Brown, American Amber, Double Barrel Ale
Next up: Kolsch
backyard brewer

Post by backyard brewer »

Yeah, your only recourse is to post negative feedback. Something "WARNING!!!! SELLING ITEMS HE DOESN'T HAVE AND NO COMMUNICATION"

Sellers can't leave negative feedback for buyers anymore.
oc eric

Post by oc eric »

That is very unusal for a seller with good feedback to treat you like that. If eBay says you have a refund, but you still have to pay, then you have to pay. Your only recourse, as I see it, is to leave negative feedback.

I bought and sold many things on eBay over the years. I had a couple of issues that were resolved favorably over time. For these reasons alone, I usually only buy things from eBay that I can't get at a retailer i.e. out of print books.

At least you didn't lose your money. :)
An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk with his fools. - Hemingway
jward

Post by jward »

I'll give him some more time to answer. I ordered 2 items from him. One was shipped late. I hope it's all good when it gets here. My other eBay transactions have all been great. Good prices. Fast shipping. Some handling charges, but I always look at total cost not just price. Yeah I can't believe what some stuff sells for or at least lists for.