This is an open forum to discuss all things that just might be on your mind.

Moderators: Post Moderators, Cheers Moderator

huntfisher

Re: Black Tuesday???

Post by huntfisher »

I went and it was crazy five hundred people in line starving. I was just going to go straight home after, but then decided to have a sample of Black Tuesday, and it was nice knowing I have three of these now. I saw Lyn there, but did not get a chance to say hi. There was a lot of diversity at the event. I was there at 3:40 and by 4:30 the designated line reached the street. I think the Bruery is going to need a bigger brewery. It was a cool crowd though and learned a thing or two about beer. I sampled the autumn maple and it tastes better than last year. First time posting in a while due to computer problems and state tests, but I have started brewing again.

Justin
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

I couldn't make it... Like the wife was going to let me out of the house on a weekday to stand in line for hours to buy $30 bottles of beer? Don't think that was going to happen...

But it sounds like this is one of those "put this place on the friggin' MAP" type of beers... It's already jumped up to #3 on the beeradvocate top 100 list, and plenty of people are suggesting it lives up to the hype...

So congrats Patrick, Tyler, and all the other folks at The Bruery. As much stress as I'm sure you've had to endure the last few days, it looks like it's all paying off.
Brad
brahn
Site Admin

Post by brahn »

I was there too, it was a really great event. That line was absurd and it was really great to see people so excited about The Bruery's beers. It's really wild to look at that line last night and then think about where The Bruery was just a year ago. :)

Congratulations again to Patrick, Tyler and the rest of the crew at The Bruery.
dhempy

Post by dhempy »

I was there at the Bruery the day before the event doing a little research. Patrick graciously let me sample the Black Tuesday on Monday (Way before the crowds got out of hand :D ) ... all I can say is WOW!

I was there the day that our homepage pic was taken (I had to leave before the pic was snapped) and it is truly amazing how far the Bruery Crew has come. Sam Calagione has nothing on the Famille Rue (I read Sam's book and Patrick is certainly outpacing Dogfish Head).

More congrats to the Bruery Crew and best wishes for continued success.

Dan
Rezzin

Post by Rezzin »

Congrats to everyone at the Bruery! Front page on Yahoo news for me. That's awesome to see how quickly you guys have come along (not like it's any big surprise).
Image New Brew Club, Free Photo hosting, Yeast Library, Forum