Suppliers in N. OC?

This is an open forum to discuss all things that just might be on your mind.

Moderators: Post Moderators, Cheers Moderator

Nickrp83

Suppliers in N. OC?

Post by Nickrp83 »

Anyone know where i can get brewing supplies in N. OC? I usually go to O'Sheas, just dont want to make the drive down there from Brea today. Just looking for basic brew pack and yeast, anywhere i can get that up here?
brahn
Site Admin

Re: Suppliers in N. OC?

Post by brahn »

oc eric on this board owns Addison Homebrew Provisions in Fullerton. We use his shop for some of our club meetings as well. You should definitely check it out.

http://homebrewprovisions.com/default.aspx

1328 East Orangethorpe Ave
Fullerton, CA 92831
Nickrp83

Post by Nickrp83 »

GREAT! Ill head there today!!
Nickrp83

Post by Nickrp83 »

thanks went there today, the guy there was super helpful . appreciate the recommendation!
dhempy

Post by dhempy »

Eric is great and I'm not surprised that you were satisfied.

So what are you brewing???

Dan
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

Nickrp83 wrote:Anyone know where i can get brewing supplies in N. OC? I usually go to O'Sheas, just dont want to make the drive down there from Brea today. Just looking for basic brew pack and yeast, anywhere i can get that up here?
I live in Laguna Hills, and I try to avoid O'Shea like the plague. I understand that you sometimes pay for convenience, but their prices are more along the lines of highway robbery than paying for convenience. I sometimes head over there if I need some specialty grains or yeast, but try to buy everything else in bulk elsewhere.
Brad
maltbarley

Post by maltbarley »

To be fair to the fellow in south county, CO2 is cheap and he's never checked my cert dates. :happybeer:
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

maltbarley wrote:To be fair to the fellow in south county, CO2 is cheap and he's never checked my cert dates. :happybeer:
I do get my CO2 refills there... And occasionally buy a bottle or two of commercial beer when I'm in there and I see something interesting, rare, and cheap enough to make it worthwhile.

And for all my bluster, I'll be going there today for a sack of 2-row because it's just not convenient to go up to AHP, and I'm brewing tomorrow morning... I'll probably end up spending $15 more than I'd spend at Eric's place, but given the price of gas and the cost of time, I gotta do it.

When I have time to plan ahead, though, I try not to go to O'Shea for any ingredient I can buy in bulk.
Brad
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

Perhaps I spoke too soon. I was expecting a sack of grain to run me in the $50-52 range (usually I expect to pay low-$30's). It turns out their normal price for 2-row is $42 for a 50# sack, and now with the AHA discount, I got out the door for $38.

Not bad. Still a bit high, but close enough to make it worthwhile to shop there since I wasn't buying enough stuff to justify a trip somewhere cheaper.
Brad