Interest Check: Grainfather Connect, Grainfather Conical

Old posts and such end up here. This forum is still visible.

Moderator: Post Moderators

Luckbad

Interest Check: Grainfather Connect, Grainfather Conical

Post by Luckbad »

I'm trying to decide on a couple of things with my setup. I might sell these if someone local is interested.

I want to both scale up to 10 gallons AND open up the possibility of doing 2.5 gallon batches.

The Grainfather Conical is really awesome, but it can't effectively cool a small experimental batch because of where the cooling jacket is (you'd need about a 4 gallon batch to cool properly).

The Grainfather Connect is really awesome, but my electrical is really terrible where I rent and is prone to problems, so I might have to go back to old timey propane until I move. It also can't do 10 gallon batches, which I have a renewed interest in now that I'm brewing like mad.

I've used the Grainfather Connect 3 times thus far. It really does make brewing enjoyable, and I might just find a way to get the electricity fixed if nobody is super interested. I'd ask $700 for it.

The Grainfather Conical has been used twice now. It's in the middle of the second batch, so I can't actually sell it until at least next weekend. I was going to do a 2.5 gallon experimental batch next then realized I actually can't.

Let me know if you're interested! I'm not listing on any of the public channels like HomeBrewTalk, Craigslist, etc. yet.
Luckbad

Re: Interest Check: Grainfather Connect, Grainfather Conical

Post by Luckbad »

Looks like I can't edit the original post.

I'm probably going to see the Grainfather Conical with Cooling Kit but not the Grainfather Connect itself.

I can't afford two of the fermentors but I really like doing split batches with two different yeasts. I'll probably get a pair of SS Brew Buckets or something along those lines.