14 gal hdpe barrel and ng burner

Old posts and such end up here. This forum is still visible.

Moderator: Post Moderators

nico soze

14 gal hdpe barrel and ng burner

Post by nico soze »

I went on Craigslist yesterday, and got quite a little haul. All I wanted was the immersion chiller, but the guy emptied his garage into my truck. For 75 I got the ic, a 45 bottle tree, 3 5 gal buckets, a auto siphon, a rusted beat up natural gas burner, and a 14 gal olive transport barrel made of type 2 plastic (hdpe). Most of it is gonna come in real handy, but this barrel thing, I dunno. Dude says he used it to primary ferment whole 10 gal batches. But its not Pete. I have no use for it either way. Anyone want it cheap or in trade? It's basically just taking up space already at my place.
Also, this beat up old burner. It's ng, which makes it useless to me. I don't even have a place to hook it up and test it. It's the old cylinder style. How hard is it to convert to propane? Anyone wanna charge me a nominal fee, and make it work for me? or in lieu of that, anyone wanna buy it?
brahn
Site Admin

Re: 14 gal hdpe barrel and ng burner

Post by brahn »

There's no problem with fermenting in HDPE at all. That's what all the bucket fermenters are made from.
dhempy

Re: 14 gal hdpe barrel and ng burner

Post by dhempy »

Post a pic of the burner ...

If you can clean it up (a little high temp paint and a wire brush), try to sell it on HomeBrewTalk .. I had numerous takers for my burners there ...

Dan