Orange Street Fair this weekend

Old posts and such end up here. This forum is still visible.

Moderator: Post Moderators

backyard brewer

Orange Street Fair this weekend

Post by backyard brewer »

Who's going? I'll be working a beer booth for Little Leauge on Saturday from 2-7.
kevinham

Re: Orange Street Fair this weekend

Post by kevinham »

So what kind of swill are you slanging?

I'll be there sometime. I go every year, but don't have any concrete plans yet this year.
Kevin
carbon

Post by carbon »

This event is right out my front door. The best beer I saw being served last year were some Bayhawk beers. Luckily, I was able to go to Aldo's and get a Chimay to go since they were inside the festival boundaries. Aldo's is no longer there. Haven's Gastropub has taken it's place, but judging by the interior of that place and how far they have to go, they probably won't be open by tomorrow. Maybe Frog's Breath Cheese store will be open and selling good beers. Rod's Liquor store is also within the festival boundaries and sells a handfull of good beers. I'm sure you're probably not supposed to buy beer there and then walk outside and drink it, but I doubt anyone would notice or care.
-------
rich
kevinham

Post by kevinham »

carbon wrote:This event is right out my front door. The best beer I saw being served last year were some Bayhawk beers. Luckily, I was able to go to Aldo's and get a Chimay to go since they were inside the festival boundaries. Aldo's is no longer there. Haven's Gastropub has taken it's place, but judging by the interior of that place and how far they have to go, they probably won't be open by tomorrow. Maybe Frog's Breath Cheese store will be open and selling good beers. Rod's Liquor store is also within the festival boundaries and sells a handfull of good beers. I'm sure you're probably not supposed to buy beer there and then walk outside and drink it, but I doubt anyone would notice or care.
According to the article Derrin just posted they are planning to open Haven tomorrow at 5PM.
Kevin
backyard brewer

Well see. I'll be spilling Bud of course, but luckily we'll have some Kona Long Board Lager as well.
kevinham

Post by kevinham »

backyard brewer wrote:Well see. I'll be spilling Bud of course, but luckily we'll have some Kona Long Board Lager as well.
Can you swing us any kind of deal? Maybe a club discount? :)
Kevin
carbon

Post by carbon »

[/quote]

According to the article Derrin just posted they are planning to open Haven tomorrow at 5PM.[/quote]

My internet filter at work won't let me read that article. If they are opening tomorrow, they have come a long way in two days. Hopefully, they'll be selling tasty brews to go.
-------
rich
backyard brewer

kevinham wrote:
backyard brewer wrote:Well see. I'll be spilling Bud of course, but luckily we'll have some Kona Long Board Lager as well.
Can you swing us any kind of deal? Maybe a club discount? :)
I would, but it's a fund raiser remember?
maltbarley

Post by maltbarley »

I'll be working on Saturday from 9-2 selling BBQ corn for the El Modena HS Wrestling team. Maybe after my shift I'll stop by for a $20 cup of Kona.
gromitdj

Post by gromitdj »

I know this maybe somewhat late, but there is a Kwik Mart @ La Veta & Glassel that has a pretty decent selection of beers for a convenience store. Last time I walked over there they had Chimay, Bear Republic, Young's, and a few others. If you live close like I do, you may want to check it out.
Donnie