SCHF Plans/Roundup

Old posts and such end up here. This forum is still visible.

Moderator: Post Moderators

bwarbiany

SCHF Plans/Roundup

Post by bwarbiany »

Hey folks... I think the SCHF is sneaking up on everyone this year (certainly snuck up on me), so it's time to start some planning.

For us, BTW, Dustin can't make it as he'll be returning from the Caymans that day -- must be rough, I'm sure.

I'm planning on going "easy" for this one, probably sleeping in my truck rather than worrying about a tent and all that. So I've got an open camp site if you need a place for a tent.

What are the plans for food/etc? Will we have a collection for burgers/etc? I assume we have someone bringing grills and the like, but I don't think we've really discussed it much here on the site so far. I'm sure everyone will be bringing their own munchie snacks, but are we coordinating any meals?

How about transportation? I won't know until JUST before the fest, but I will either have an open seat in my truck or a few open seats if I buy a Toyota Sequoia that Friday morning. There's an outside possibility that I might buy the Sequoia and still keep my truck (if Carmax won't give me $2K for the truck), in which case I might be able to have someone else drive the truck if we need to haul some stuff.
Brad
BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Re: SCHF Plans/Roundup

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

Everyone,

I will probably be planning our meals with Joe, Ray, Mike, and their significant others. We have a couple portable grills that people are welcome to use, but you may want to bring some extra fuel (the screw on 1lb. propane canisters).

My plan right now is to ride up there with Joe since he will be towing the trailer we will be staying in. I will have the jockey boxes, beer, and the club bar also. Hopefully, we will be leaving around noon on Friday to get up their early. I would like to get the bar set up on Friday night since I have volunteer duty from 9-11 on Saturday morning.

Also, don't forget that it's okay to bring beer to serve at the camp site even if you don't want to serve it to the masses at the fest. We will have both jockey boxes available to serve beer from at the camp site. Bringing firewood is also a good idea.

The serving hours on Saturday are from 11am to 10pm, so make sure you pace yourself and drink plenty of water. Also, make sure you take your turn serving at our bar. In the past, we have tried to schedule the serving times, but that always breaks down. This year, I am using the brewer's code - so everyone must do their part. This includes setup and tear down. No slackers. This is a team effort. Lastly, if you are squatting on someone's campsite that they have paid for, please reimburse them. No one stays for free - you must pay in beer, cash, or ass. Your choice. :shock:

Your Fearless Leader,

Brad
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada down at Trader Vic's
dhempy

Post by dhempy »

I'll have some firewood and a washtub grill. Not sure what I'll do about Saturday night but Friday I'm planning on doing some grilled carne ... I'm assuming we're on our own for breakfast / lunch / munch but I'd be willign to coordinate something Saturday night.

I'll lend a hand for the Friday night set up ... AJ too. We've got volunteer duty Saturday 1:00 to 3:00 but will find some time to serve during the day.

I probably have some tap handles I can bring.

Dan
kevinham

Post by kevinham »

JD and I were planning some meals for everyone that is interested in buying in. We were planning on bringing hot dogs and brats for dinner Friday, bagels and cream cheese for breakfast Sat. and danishes for breakfast Sunday. There is food for sale at the fest site, so we won't be bringing lunch or dinner for Sat.
We will also have some sort of crappy instant coffee if anyone wants that too. Other than that water/soda/beer/snacks/etc. are up to you.

If anyone is interested PM me, and we will let you know the price when we know what it is.
Kevin
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

Turns out that due to the expanding pregnant wife, I'm going to pass on this weekend. I hate to do this at the last minute, but I'm not sure it can be avoided at this point... Sorry that I won't be able to participate :(

If anyone needs my campsite, let me know.
Brad
brew captain

Post by brew captain »

It is better to cancel now than to drive home in the middle of the night after the first day... :shock:

Trust me I know!!!! K:-)

Cheers!
BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

brew captain wrote:It is better to cancel now than to drive home in the middle of the night after the first day... :shock:

Trust me I know!!!! K:-)

Cheers!
You still suck. :wink:

Sorry you won't be able to make it Brad. Just drop your IPA off at The Bruery Provisions tomorrow. I will be there labeling with Kevin.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada down at Trader Vic's
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

BrewMasterBrad wrote:Sorry you won't be able to make it Brad. Just drop your IPA off at The Bruery Provisions tomorrow. I will be there labeling with Kevin.
Ahh, Google maps says it's 31 minutes from Aliso Viejo to the Bruery, and 31 minutes back...

There goes my lunch hour. I guess I'll just chuck it through the window of the store as I drive past :-)

(Bruery Provisions is a few doors away, but basically in the same complex, right?)
Brad
kevinham

Post by kevinham »

bwarbiany wrote:
BrewMasterBrad wrote:Sorry you won't be able to make it Brad. Just drop your IPA off at The Bruery Provisions tomorrow. I will be there labeling with Kevin.
Ahh, Google maps says it's 31 minutes from Aliso Viejo to the Bruery, and 31 minutes back...

There goes my lunch hour. I guess I'll just chuck it through the window of the store as I drive past :-)

(Bruery Provisions is a few doors away, but basically in the same complex, right?)

Right, 723 Dunn Way.
Kevin