The Hobbit Winery

What's happening in the beer world and where.

Moderator: Post Moderators

tikitatt

The Hobbit Winery

Post by tikitatt »

Is anybody attending the Hobbit's 18th Annual Beer Tasting Dinner?

August 28, 2011
5:00 p.m.
$88.00 per person, tax & tip additional
Guest Speaker
Mr. Larry James
backyard brewer

Re: The Hobbit Winery

Post by backyard brewer »

Hadn't heard about it. Is that The Hobbit on Chapman? If so, that place is a pretty cool experience. If you've never been, dinner is served in courses and as a seating. So everyone in the restaurant dines together at the same time. You're encouraged to get up and check the place out or enjoy the patio between courses while they clear and reset tables.
tikitatt

Post by tikitatt »

My wife and I attended last years beer pairing and really enjoyed it. They want you to dress up but no one did for this event. I didn't find it too expensive as we knew the set price and beer other that they served was extra. For a once a year deal it was a nice treat out.
backyard brewer wrote:Hadn't heard about it. Is that The Hobbit on Chapman? If so, that place is a pretty cool experience. If you've never been, dinner is served in courses and as a seating. So everyone in the restaurant dines together at the same time. You're encouraged to get up and check the place out or enjoy the patio between courses while they clear and reset tables.
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

My wife & I usually go each year (or at least for the past few years..) .. unfortunately, it fell on a weekend we couldn't do this time. Bummers...

Always a great experience in food and in tasty beers. Larry does a pretty good job of bringing in some beers that you won't see on most menus, and pairs them up with the food well!

They usually sell out quickly, so call soon to see if they have any seats left!
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
tikitatt

Post by tikitatt »

I made my reservations 3 months ago. What's funny two weeks ago The Hobbit called me for a $40 fee I had to pay to keep my reservations. They hounded me like a freaking bill collector. I didn't have my wallet with me at work two days in a row and had to have my wife call them back. Ha, ha! According to their website this event is already sold out.
lexuschris wrote:My wife & I usually go each year (or at least for the past few years..) .. unfortunately, it fell on a weekend we couldn't do this time. Bummers...

Always a great experience in food and in tasty beers. Larry does a pretty good job of bringing in some beers that you won't see on most menus, and pairs them up with the food well!

They usually sell out quickly, so call soon to see if they have any seats left!
--LexusChris
tikitatt

Post by tikitatt »

ANNUAL BEER DINNER!
August 26, 2012 @ 5:00P.M.
Join us for our annual beer tasting and dinner with host Larry James. This sells out quickly so call now!
$88.00 per person plus tax & tip. Bar opens at 4:30P.M.

If you have not been to The Hobbit, this feast last for almost five hours during which the speaker and host Larry James pairs the most amazing and hard to find beers with such incredible food. You can take home what you do not eat (it's a lot of food) and you get to take home a souvenir beer glass from this year’s main beer. It is a bit pricy but it is worth the experience in our humble opinion.