HVAC folks?

This is an open forum to discuss all things that just might be on your mind.

Moderators: Post Moderators, Cheers Moderator

bwarbiany

HVAC folks?

Post by bwarbiany »

Hey, I seem to remember that someone (or a couple folks) on the board have HVAC expertise?

Our AC has given up (I think it might be as simple as low freon, but could be freon leak too), and needs to get looked at...

Luckily we're past the worst of the season, and it's actually getting cooler at night now, but if I don't get this done ASAP, I might be living alone! :wink:

If there's nobody on the board, but anyone has good recommendations for an HVAC guy, I'll take that as well...
Brad
bwarbiany

Re: HVAC folks?

Post by bwarbiany »

Disregard... Seems to have improved after leaving it off 24 hours, and now it's running great.

Phew!
Brad
jward

Post by jward »

I am only an AC hack. If you are low on freon it probably leaked out. Is the leak slow enough to just top off? Who know you have to test for that.

From what you described and the humid weather we have been having I suspect your A coil/condenser froze. That is water normally condenses on the A coil as the air cools and drains out of the system. If your system doesn't move enough air or has to run too long ice can build up on the coils insulating them the moving air and restrict the air flow. If that is the issue you can turn off the AC and run the fan to help melt the ice quicker.
ScottK

Post by ScottK »

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. Jason Klauk is an HVAC tech for St. Mary's in Long Beach. He knows cooling frontwards and backwards. He's not active on the boards, but he's the dude that brings his motorhome for me to sleep in at homebrew fest :happybeer: Anyway, for future reference if you have any other problems let me know and I can put you in touch with him. He's fixed my house equipment before for beer.
I have not yet begun to defile myself.