Greetings!

This is an open forum to discuss all things that just might be on your mind.

Moderators: Post Moderators, Cheers Moderator

windsorhomebrewsupplyco

Greetings!

Post by windsorhomebrewsupplyco »

Hi Guys and Gals,
Scott Windsor here. It was great meeting some of you the other night at the home brewers conference. I'm sorry I had to head out yesterday afternoon before club night. I was looking forward to trying your beers but had to get back to take care of some of the last minute details at the shop. Our grand opening is this Tuesday so anytime you guys need a place to meet or want to have a small tasting I am happy to help out. Feel free to come in anytime or shoot me a message. I look forward to getting to know you guys better. Contact and info below

Cheers!
Scott

Windsor Homebrew Supply Co
743 Baker Street Suite D
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
714-668-9850
scott@windsorhomebrewsupply.com
www.windsorhomebrewsupply.com
facebook.com/windsorhomebrewsupplyco
DrDually

Re: Greetings!

Post by DrDually »

Scott
Welcome to the club
Best part about you opening your shop on Baker is in 3 minutes I can be there
Best of luck
:cheers:
Chris aka Dr Dually
drdually@att.net

Life is tough. It is even tougher when you are stupid. John Wayne

Bottled and enjoying: Nada, zip
Kegged: English Brown, American Amber, Double Barrel Ale
Next up: Kolsch
maltbarley

Post by maltbarley »

Cheers Scott, looking forward to stopping by!
dhempy

Post by dhempy »

Welcome to BC!

Dan
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Welcome Scott and it was a pleasure meeting you at NHC. :cheers:
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

Yeah, looking forward to checking it out. I work nearby, so the ability to pick things up during lunch would be really useful...

Anything that you're doing differently in your business to set you apart from other area shops?
Brad
windsorhomebrewsupplyco

Cheers Guys! If you guys want to come and check out the new shop this week (now through Saturday) let me know you are with brew commune and I will give you 10% off your sale. Everything except Blichman products. Sorry they don't let me. I look forward to getting your feedback on the shop. I am always open to suggestions. If nothing else I would love to grab a beer with you guys sometime.
Megastout

Post by Megastout »

I will come by and see you tomorrow.
windsorhomebrewsupplyco

Sorry I missed the earlier question on how I feel my store differs from other stores. You want the long version or the short version?! :)

I previously co owned 2 stores in the midwest the past six years so first, I feel like I have the experience running a shop. My top priority is customer service and making sure a customer feels welcome and comfortable in the shop. I have been to so many stores around the country where the employees are rude or just don't care. This has never made sense to me. It is just good business to take care of the customer but also for me personally I will lose sleep if I know a customer had a bad experience in my shop. But I digress....

I carry all of the ss fittings and parts, kegging supplies that a lot of shops don't have in store. As of today I will be filling Co2. I carry Wyeast something that I don't see all shops stocking. I also try to stay very competitive on price. I monitor what the big stores are selling items for and try to stay relevant with that.

If you have questions please feel free to contact me. Please stop in even if you don't need anything. I always love chatting with fellow beer lovers. Cheers
DrDually

Post by DrDually »

Has anyone visited Scott's store yet?
Been there twice and really like that he is 1) Close to my home, 2) Very competitive prices, 3) Great selection of hardware, 4) Friendly
If you have not stopped in yet, do so. I am building a keezer and needed Perlick faucets, stainless shanks etc. and so glad I did not have to order online and wait...or drive 45 miles each way to pick them up
Scott has also offered to open his store for one of our monthly meetings
:happybeer:
Chris aka Dr Dually
drdually@att.net

Life is tough. It is even tougher when you are stupid. John Wayne

Bottled and enjoying: Nada, zip
Kegged: English Brown, American Amber, Double Barrel Ale
Next up: Kolsch
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

I was there on Saturday. I let Scott know how impressed I was at the level of stock/items that he was carrying. While not a huge space, he packs a lot of equipment and supplies in there. It's really great to have a shop like this that is local.

Also FYI to everyone - Scott is giving (paid) Brewcommune members 10% off on all purchases. Just let him know who you are and he will verify your membership from our list.
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

I stopped by on Friday. Great store! He was very helpful & friendly, and it is right accross the street from Barley Forge ... bonus!!! :)
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
rcwebrew

Post by rcwebrew »

Gotta add my "Very Positive" 2 cents.
I stopped by yesterday and like all the posts above found Windsor to be clean, well organized and very well stocked. Scott knows his stuff! The hardware is high quality and the Grains, hops and yeast are all fresh. I was like a kid in a candy store! Kegs, Kettles, Controllers, CO2 bottles big and small. Also, all the little washers,fittings and things you don't know you need... until you do.
After picking out a few items (restraint was needed) we finished up talking beer, breweries and brewing. Great LHBS! Welcome and I will be back,
Cheers!
Bret America

Post by Bret America »

I stopped by Windsor before Tuesday's club meeting at Barley Forge - really enjoyed chatting with Scott and found his store to be extremely clean and well organized with good materials. Looking forward to having a local shop finally! It also makes me happy it is someone from the midwest... even if it is oklahoma ;)

Great meeting you at the Club Meeting too Scott.
-bret
windsorhomebrewsupplyco

Cheers Bret! :cheers: Very kind words and much appreciated!