CO2 Quick Disconnect setup - Kent vs the rest

Oh yes! Everything you ever wanted to know about equipment or ask about equipment, this is the place to be! Share photos or ideas about equipment here.

Moderator: Post Moderators

ocluke

Re: CO2 Quick Disconnect setup - Kent vs the rest

Post by ocluke »

You got it, Chris. I'll have them by Friday, according to UPS. I have 5 or so sets left after you and Dan.
Luke

MetaBrewing - A homebrewing blog documenting experiments with equipment, processes, recipes, hops, wild yeast, and whatever else happens to sneak its way in.
maltbarley

Post by maltbarley »

In that case, I'll take 5 or so.
DrDually

Post by DrDually »

Luke
If UPS arrives in morning it will work..otherwise I am leaving at noon
The goal was to pick up adn deliver to Dan this weekend
Chris aka Dr Dually
drdually@att.net

Life is tough. It is even tougher when you are stupid. John Wayne

Bottled and enjoying: Nada, zip
Kegged: English Brown, American Amber, Double Barrel Ale
Next up: Kolsch
ocluke

Post by ocluke »

maltbarley wrote:In that case, I'll take 5 or so.
Done.
Luke

MetaBrewing - A homebrewing blog documenting experiments with equipment, processes, recipes, hops, wild yeast, and whatever else happens to sneak its way in.
ocluke

Post by ocluke »

DrDually wrote:Luke
If UPS arrives in morning it will work..otherwise I am leaving at noon
The goal was to pick up adn deliver to Dan this weekend
Sorry about the late response. I tried several times to reply to this via mobile this morning, but this site will not let me stay logged in (tells me to login every time that I try to reply) on Chrome for Android.

UPS is still showing "out for delivery." They usually drop off to my house around 11AM-1PM.
Luke

maltbarley

Post by maltbarley »

Dan/Chris, I have your bits. Remind me in case I forget.
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

DrDually wrote:If you want ability to change kegs, cylinders etc, look for the beer line and gas disconnects.
http://morebeer.com/products/beer-gas-t ... f-set.html
They are valved so no leakage occurs when line is disconnected. They are also food grade material
Reviving this thread, as I have built out my gas connections on my spare CO2 tank, but am having issues with leaks where the tubing comes over the barb fitting. In the past, I've had so-so luck with hose clamps, so I looked far & wide and found some stepless (oetiker) clamps that will just barely work for the 1/4" tubing I am using.

When I first clamped them on, I did a pressure test, and they seemed to hold fine at 30 PSI. However, when I went to force-carb one of my kegs tonight, I could hear the gas escaping, and it is where the stepless clamps are gripping the hose to the barb ends.

Does anyone have a good source for really small stepless clamps? Or another suggestion for attaching these small hoses to the QD's?

Thanks,
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

I took another look at McMaster-Carr, and found this:

Tongue-and-Groove Hose Clamp
Gap-Free Pinch Hose and Tube Clamp
15/64" to 9/32" Clamp Diameter Range, 13/64" Band Width

It looks really tight, but maybe worth a try...
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
dhempy

Post by dhempy »

You can try the Chi Company. That's where I've been getting mine.

Also, I found the QDs at US Plastics. I bought a set but haven't installed them yet. I did have a chat session with them and they confirmed that the QD would be fine with CO2 for under 50 psi ... didn't discuss the hose on barb fit though :)

Dan
windsorhomebrewsupplyco

Post by windsorhomebrewsupplyco »

Hey Lexuschris. I have a bunch of different sized ear clamp/odeker clamps if you want to come in. I have the tool as well. If you bring in your fitting and tubing I will clamp them on for you. They are the same clamps I have used on different draft installs for bars and restaurants. Cheers

743 Baker Street Suite D
Costa Mesa, Ca 92626
jward

Post by jward »

The Kent products looked pretty good for the price points. They also were talking up some flexible tubing. I will try to get a sample.

I was having leaks on the CO2 QDs with the hose barbs on the More Beer manifold and ball lock QDs being different sizes. I switched to flare fittings to make that all good. I'll swing by the homebrew supply shop to check it out. I have a mix of screw clamps which I hate and tongue and groove clams which are great until you need to change out the hose.