Double Walled Stainless Growler Group Buy

Oh yes! Everything you ever wanted to know about equipment or ask about equipment, this is the place to be! Share photos or ideas about equipment here.

Moderator: Post Moderators

rhart00

Re: Double Walled Stainless Growler Group Buy

Post by rhart00 »

Any more of these growlers available? I would be interested in getting in on the buy at some point. Let me know. Thanks!
ocluke

Post by ocluke »

Let me know what you want and I can ask them. Email me: luke at ocluke dot com.
Luke

MetaBrewing - A homebrewing blog documenting experiments with equipment, processes, recipes, hops, wild yeast, and whatever else happens to sneak its way in.
rhart00

Post by rhart00 »

Anyone care to share their experience with these growlers now that they have received them? If it is good, I would be interested in 2 stainless with handles. Let me know who to pay and when I can expect to receive them. Thanks!
BigDaddyOC

Post by BigDaddyOC »

I saw someone yesterday with some cool growlers like these so it made me think to check on these. I'm sure if you had them we'd know, but just checking to see if there any changes?
ocluke

Post by ocluke »

The Growlers just arrived today at Brewers Hardware! Derrin was nice enough to let us have them delivered there for easy pickup during business hours. If you are in need of anything from Brewers Hardware, you can combo the trip. To make it easier on Derrin and his employees, I have given them a spreadsheet with each person's name and growler count/color. Please make sure your name is checked off when you pick up your growler(s).

Some caveats...

The handles were not ready yet, so MiiR said that they would ship them later (a few weeks or so) to not delay us receiving the growlers any longer than it has already taken. Also, the factory sent the wrong lids (the original design) with the order. MiiR told me that they will ship us the new lids at no additional cost when they send the handles. That way we get both styles and decide for ourselves which one we want to use and have the other one as a backup. According to MiiR, the new lid will be better and easier to use.

Brewers Hardware contact info:
5692 Buckingham Drive
Huntington Beach, CA 92649
714-891-1150
https://www.brewershardware.com
Luke

MetaBrewing - A homebrewing blog documenting experiments with equipment, processes, recipes, hops, wild yeast, and whatever else happens to sneak its way in.
gromitdj

Post by gromitdj »

Without calling and bothering the good people at Brewer's Hardware, does anyone know if they have open hours? Or, do we need to make an appointment similar to their will-call policy on the website?
Donnie
dhempy

Post by dhempy »

I don't think you have to worry about "bothering" the good people at Brewer's Hardware ... and you should go and have a look see at all of their products so you can plan your next brewery upgrade! They have pretty standard weekday business hours. It wouldn't hurt to call first and give 'em a heads up ... but it probably isn't necessary. Curtis / Derrin / Will .. chime in if I'm off base.

Dan
CurtisG

Post by CurtisG »

No need to make an appointment for pickup. We're here Mon-Fri 9-5 and always love when people come to check gear out.
gromitdj

Post by gromitdj »

I will be stopping by then. I do have a couple of items I would like to pick up while there, but the website doesn't list open hours so I was curious. Appreciate the info!
Donnie
dhempy

Post by dhempy »

Picked mine up yesterday ... simple ... and they're real nice (both the Brewer's hardware folks AND the growlers)!

Dan
ocluke

Post by ocluke »

It looks like the new lids will be delivered to Brewer's Hardware today.
Luke

JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Cool. The flip-top ones are a PIA.
dhempy

Post by dhempy »

Really ... maybe I need to get one then ... I haven't done anything with mine yet.

Dan
gromitdj

Post by gromitdj »

Picked up my growler (and a few goodies) today. As promised, everyone at Brewer's Hardware couldn't have been nicer!

Just wanted to say thanks again for organizing this.
Donnie
ocluke

Post by ocluke »

JonW wrote:Cool. The flip-top ones are a PIA.
The newer lids are also flip top. If you look at an earlier post, you'll see they are lower profile, so they are easier to use, but still a little tricky at first. I haven't used the new lids yet for beer, but the old ones do not seem to hold pressure well without foaming, so if you haven't picked up your new lids from Brewers Hardware, I recommend getting those. They have a bigger seal that I'm told fixes the problem.
Luke