Todd English P.U.B. - Las Vegas, NV

Just tasted something great or not so great? Have a favorite restaurant, cigar or pub you'd like to talk about? Review it here.

Moderator: Post Moderators

bwarbiany

Todd English P.U.B. - Las Vegas, NV

Post by bwarbiany »

So I'm out in Vegas, and had arrived early Sunday morning. It just so happened that the entire UK team also happened to be in town already, so we headed over to Aria to check out the Todd English Pub.

Overall, good beer selection. They had four cask beers (Deschutes Inversion & Mirror Pond, Lagunitas Lucky 13 & Undercover), and in general a pretty decent tap list and bottle list for Vegas. The beer list isn't amazing for those of us from California, but there were at least a few things on the menu we can't get locally. They were also doing custom made-to-order bloody mary's, but none of us partook on that one.

Food was well received by pretty much the whole crew. I had a brie / tomato / bacon grilled cheese, which was pretty darn tasty. The Brits were impressed by the menu as well, IIRC the comment was "we don't get anything like this in pubs back home".

The atmosphere is pretty nice. It's a pretty open, airy floorplan, there's a lot of bar seating and good table seating as well, and there's a nice patio, although it was too full even at 11:00 AM on a Sunday morning for us to even have a chance to get a seat without a wait.

And, of course, it's Vegas, so the servers are hot as hell and scantily clad. But, even better, our hot little waitress also knew her beer. What else can you ask for?

On the downside, the place is RIDICULOUS expensive. My little sandwich and fries were $16. That didn't bother me too much, since everything on the strip is pricey, but pints were $11-12. For a single damn pint! That's just absurd. And the server had the audacity to tell us that they run 2 happy hours each day (3-6 PM and 10PM-midnight) where beers are half-price. At half-price, they're more expensive than a lot of places I drink!

That said, if you're going to be in Vegas and spend way too much money for everything, you might as well do it at a place with good beer, right? So I'd say I was overall pretty happy with the experience, considering the locale.
Brad
nevery

Re: Todd English P.U.B. - Las Vegas, NV

Post by nevery »

OMG! Your breakfast was more than most of my entire drinking nights! I heard that the economy in Vegas took a huge dive, so you think they would be whoring out the drinks, too (pun intended). Sounds like you're having fun man. Post pics if you got em!

Last Notable: BullMac's Citra's Last Stand, Fathead Head Hunter, Theakston Old Peculiar, Pliny the Elder! (Courtesy of bwarbiany), Bruery White Chocolate

Anticipating:

bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

nevery wrote:OMG! Your breakfast was more than most of my entire drinking nights! I heard that the economy in Vegas took a huge dive, so you think they would be whoring out the drinks, too (pun intended). Sounds like you're having fun man. Post pics if you got em!
You don't post pics of Vegas...

But yeah, there were 5 of us, we ate lunch, and the bill was $300...

...of course, that was *mostly* beer. Hell, one guy had already had breakfast, so he didn't even order any food!
Brad
nevery

Post by nevery »

bwarbiany wrote:You don't post pics of Vegas...
Good point! Lol

$300 is almost my monthly eating budget. Daaaammmmnnn....

Last Notable: BullMac's Citra's Last Stand, Fathead Head Hunter, Theakston Old Peculiar, Pliny the Elder! (Courtesy of bwarbiany), Bruery White Chocolate

Anticipating: