Rogue Ale House, San Francisco

Just tasted something great or not so great? Have a favorite restaurant, cigar or pub you'd like to talk about? Review it here.

Moderator: Post Moderators

BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Rogue Ale House, San Francisco

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

Not so great. The Racer 5 tasted like a butter bomb, possibly from dirty draft lines since I find it hard to believe that this great beer left the brewery like that. The Green Flash IIPA was outstanding (I had 2). The fish and chips was acceptable. The atmosphere was so-so. Not very friendly staff.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada down at Trader Vic's
Haemon

Re: Rogue Ale House, San Francisco

Post by Haemon »

Oh no! What a shame!
maltbarley

Post by maltbarley »

Brad, you suck. I've been there twice and it was good. Maybe if you take that chip off your shoulder you'd have a better experience.

OK, yeah, they do have a tude, but did you get any tastes of the distilled spirits?
jimmyjames

Post by jimmyjames »

A couple years ago i visited the Rogue in Newport, OR. Tasty beers and tasty food... but not one person had heard about the AHA discount. Not in the pub, not in the merch store... after getting home i reviewed the list and should have received something like 10% off food and 25% off merch.
DrDually

Post by DrDually »

I will be there in a few weeks and check on the beers :)
Stay tuned

Chris
Chris aka Dr Dually
drdually@att.net

Life is tough. It is even tougher when you are stupid. John Wayne

Bottled and enjoying: Nada, zip
Kegged: English Brown, American Amber, Double Barrel Ale
Next up: Kolsch
BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

maltbarley wrote:Brad, you suck. I've been there twice and it was good. Maybe if you take that chip off your shoulder you'd have a better experience.

OK, yeah, they do have a tude, but did you get any tastes of the distilled spirits?
Not really a distilled spirits kind of guy.

Maybe I just scared them with my dashing but evil good looks.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada down at Trader Vic's
oc eric

Post by oc eric »

jimmyjames wrote:A couple years ago i visited the Rogue in Newport, OR. Tasty beers and tasty food... but not one person had heard about the AHA discount. Not in the pub, not in the merch store... after getting home i reviewed the list and should have received something like 10% off food and 25% off merch.
Oregonians *HATE* Californians... :evil:
An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk with his fools. - Hemingway
kbm

Post by kbm »

I've been to a few of the Rogue Pubs. It seems to me that they stopped caring a while ago. Dirty, dank and their beers stopped be innovative about 15 years ago.

Virtually across the street from the SFO Rogue Pub, La Trappe is a true beer gem. http://latrappecafe.com/. One of the greatest beer destinations on the West Coast IMHO. If you go, make sure to go to the basement bar, it's badass.
Andysam

Post by Andysam »

I was in San Fran about a week ago and wanted to go to the brewery, but changed my mind. I called and asked the location and hours and the man on the phone had the biggest attitude and really turned me off from going there.

Instead I went to 21st amendment brewing. It was a decent place. The beer was very good, but the food was very bland. The Imperial ESB was outstanding. I think i have to make one!