2015 National Homebrew Competition

Check for upcoming competitions here or just discuss results, entries and share your triumphs and tragedies!

Moderator: Post Moderators

brianc

Re: 2015 National Homebrew Competition

Post by brianc »

I'll likely be heading down to drop off my entries, or willing to carpool and turn it into a day beer trip. :wink:
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

Shipped my entries today.
Brad
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

I am planning to head down on Saturday. If anyone wants to go with or give me your entries, let me know...

I am thinking about heading out in the AM to avoid traffic and do lunch down there.. And maybe a brewery stop before heading back up.

:)
Lexuschris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
brianc

Post by brianc »

lexuschris wrote:I am planning to head down on Saturday. If anyone wants to go with or give me your entries, let me know...

I am thinking about heading out in the AM to avoid traffic and do lunch down there.. And maybe a brewery stop before heading back up.

:)
Lexuschris
Provided I get mine bottled up today or tomorrow I'd love to join you in dropping off entries.
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

brianc wrote:Provided I get mine bottled up today or tomorrow I'd love to join you in dropping off entries.
Cool! Just let me know by tomorrow night, and I'll send you the details.

If anyone wants to drop off their entries with me tomorrow, I'll be at the dealership in Westminster until about 4pm. After that, it would have to be in Irvine.
:cheers:
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
brianc

Post by brianc »

lexuschris wrote:Cool! Just let me know by tomorrow night, and I'll send you the details.
Well, I'm out for Saturday. Just went to bottle and was about 4 ounces short in the 2nd bottle. Fortunately I still have a bunch of the beer, but unfortunately it is all bulk aging so I'll be spending Saturday force carbing and getting it around. I'll just have to ship my entries.
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

Bummers.

I have some commitments on Sunday afternoon, so I cannot delay... otherwise I would offer to switch to a Sunday road trip. Brad may be in a similar boat as you, as he was weather delayed coming back from the midwest.. so check with him if he might be planning a trip down before the deadline...
--LexusChris
BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

I was delayed in getting home from a work trip, so I am a day behind in my bottling schedule. Not sure yet if I am going to go to San Diego on Saturday or Sunday. I am transferring my Pilsner to day. I need to get it carbed and bottled today. I will let you know later today how things are looking. I will be glad to take other beers with me when I go, you just need to get them to Corona first.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada down at Trader Vic's
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

UPS just told my my beers arrived in Austin...

So now the interminable waiting begins. After changing my water, I really have high hopes. Entered 6B, 15A, and 15D.
Brad
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

You know, I just realized that Austin does their judging next weekend, while San Diego isn't until April 10...

The wait might not be as bad as I thought!
Brad
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

Brad
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

Nice job Brad!! Congrats!
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Congrats Brad! :cheers:
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

Thanks guys.

I should point out...

If anyone is *NOT* currently using RO water and building up the right mineral profile, I highly suggest you come off the fence and do it.

I think the people in this club would agree that I made respectable beer beforehand. But I doubt I would have advanced 2 of 3 beers in NHC without changing my water. Even after nearly 9 years of brewing, changing the water made--to my own palate--a noticeable improvement in my beer.

I wish I had started brewing with the right water a LONG time ago!
Brad
ScottK

Post by ScottK »

Great job!
I have not yet begun to defile myself.