Hangar 24 Homebrew Competition

Check for upcoming competitions here or just discuss results, entries and share your triumphs and tragedies!

Moderator: Post Moderators

BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Hangar 24 Homebrew Competition

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada down at Trader Vic's
lexuschris

Re: Hangar 24 Homebrew Competition

Post by lexuschris »

If you are planning on entering this one:

Entries accepted: May 18th - 31st
5$ / entry
2 bottles / entry

http://hangar24brewery.com/images/homeb ... es2014.pdf for all the rules...
:happybeer:
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

Looks like its time to make a run to More Beer to drop off entries.

I assume that we just attach the entry form & check to the entries and drop them off at More Beer.
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

lexuschris wrote:Looks like its time to make a run to More Beer to drop off entries.

I assume that we just attach the entry form & check to the entries and drop them off at More Beer.
--LexusChris
I will be making a run to Hangar 24 on May 30 or 31 to drop off my entries. You can drop your beers at my house and I can take them if you want.

Also, I have editable versions of the entry form and bottle label form so you can type your info in rather than handwriting it. I will post them to Google docs and send out a link.
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

BrewMasterBrad wrote: I will be making a run to Hangar 24 on May 30 or 31 to drop off my entries. You can drop your beers at my house and I can take them if you want.

Also, I have editable versions of the entry form and bottle label form so you can type your info in rather than handwriting it. I will post them to Google docs and send out a link.
Excellent on both counts!
--LexusChris
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

If anyone is up in the area, I've got a customer meeting in Ontario on Friday until noon, and then will probably run over to Hangar 24 to drop off entries before heading up to Arrowhead for the weekend.

If anyone wants to grab lunch in/around the area or meet for a pint at Hangar 24, let me know.

Anyone know if they have WiFi at Hangar 24? I might have to continue my streak of doing work at breweries ;-)
Brad
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

I think I'm going to enter my Rye Brown under American Brown Ale, although it might get dinged for not having even a hint of crystal malt sweetness (it was 15# pale, 5# rye, and 2# chocolate rye).

I'm also going to enter my Belgian Patersbier both in Belg. Specialty (16E) and Saison (16C). I used a Belgian high-grav yeast and fermented warm (75F) so I don't know if it'll survive in Saison but I think it might be close enough.
Brad
BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

bwarbiany wrote:If anyone is up in the area, I've got a customer meeting in Ontario on Friday until noon, and then will probably run over to Hangar 24 to drop off entries before heading up to Arrowhead for the weekend.

If anyone wants to grab lunch in/around the area or meet for a pint at Hangar 24, let me know.

Anyone know if they have WiFi at Hangar 24? I might have to continue my streak of doing work at breweries ;-)
They do have WiFi. Not sure how good it works out on the patio, but they do have it. I work from home on Fridays, otherwise I would join you.
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

BrewMasterBrad wrote:Also, I have editable versions of the entry form and bottle label form so you can type your info in rather than handwriting it. I will post them to Google docs and send out a link.
Can you post these up? I tried to find some online but was unable to locate them....
Thanks!
--LexusChris
SamIam

Post by SamIam »

Here are the ones I used. You may have to click the "Enable All Features" button to make them editable.
BJCP_EntryRecipe.pdf
(115.28 KiB) Downloaded 373 times
BJCP_BottleID.pdf
(199.39 KiB) Downloaded 329 times
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day!"
~Frank Sinatra
BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

Those are the ones. Thanks Sam. Also, I just print the competition report from BeerSmith instead of filling out the BJCP recipe sheet. It has all the same info.
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

Looks like judging & awards are on Saturday. I'll be up in Lake Arrowhead, and was wondering what sort of stuff goes on at these events. Is it worth heading down the mountain to check it out? If, so, during what sort of hours/etc will the final ceremonies take place?

Anyone else planning on being there?
Brad
BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

In the past, they have started the awards between 4 and 5pm. There's a pretty big crowd there consisting of the regular H24 crowd plus all the homebrewers that show up. They just announce all the winners and hand out medals for each BJCP category in order. It's pretty fun if you get an award because everybody cheers for you and and you get to pick up your medal right there.

I will be there for sure.
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

BrewMasterBrad wrote: I will be there for sure.

Wyatt now has strep throat, so a weekend in Arrowhead is a no-go...

If you hear my name called in Cat 10 or 16, text me... Thx.
Brad
BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

bwarbiany wrote:
BrewMasterBrad wrote: I will be there for sure.

Wyatt now has strep throat, so a weekend in Arrowhead is a no-go...

If you hear my name called in Cat 10 or 16, text me... Thx.
I am judging category 10 tomorrow. Good luck!