2014 America's Finest City Homebrew Comp, San Diego

Check for upcoming competitions here or just discuss results, entries and share your triumphs and tragedies!

Moderator: Post Moderators

bwarbiany

2014 America's Finest City Homebrew Comp, San Diego

Post by bwarbiany »

Well, competition season is officially kicking off. Registration is already open for the 2014 AFC.

https://quaff.org/AFC-2014/

Registration Dates: 1/1/2014 - 2/12/2014
Drop-off Dates: 1/29/2014 - 2/12/2014
Drop-off/shipping location*: Benchmark Brewing Co, 6190 Fairmount Ave, San Diego CA 92120
Categories Accepted: Pretty much all BJCP, including all the mead/cider variants.
Entry requirements: 2 standard 10-14 oz bottles
Entry cost: $7.00 per entry

Get the entries ready, fellas!

* Re: dropoff. Obviously there's only one, relatively inconvenient dropoff that's *not* in Orange County. Because I head down that way for work on a regular basis, and because that's only about 5 mi south of one of my customers, I can likely do a dropoff for folks who need it. HOWEVER, I can't necessarily tell you when in between Jan 29 and Feb 12 that dropoff will occur. So if you want to use me to drop off your entries, please get them to me PRIOR to Jan 29. Depending on the schedule I might be able to accommodate something later, but I can't yet promise anything.
Brad
lexuschris

Re: 2014 America's Finest City Homebrew Comp, San Diego

Post by lexuschris »

Thanks for posting these up! Very much looking forward to a few more comps this year for me!
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

I might enter a couple beers. I have a special fondness for AFC since it was the first competition I ever entered back in 2006. My Vienna lager took a 3rd place. I went to a QUAFF meeting to collect my ribbon and I almost joined their club. Can you imagine if I had joined QUAFF rather that joining Brewcommune a few months later?

Thanks for the drop-off offer BW. I will take you up on it if I end up entering. Have I mentioned how I miss working in San Diego?
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada down at Trader Vic's
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

Well, looks like I'm headed to San Diego on Tuesday, 1 day BEFORE drop-off starts, and then really can't get down there until the next week. So if you're still looking to get beer to me to drop off, it will be sometime at least a week into the dropoff period... FYI.
Brad