Drink Good Beer Mash-Up 2013

Check for upcoming competitions here or just discuss results, entries and share your triumphs and tragedies!

Moderator: Post Moderators

lexuschris

Drink Good Beer Mash-Up 2013

Post by lexuschris »

I received the following email announcing a small local competition and a call for judges. Sounds like a good opportunity on both fronts... They are only using categories 10, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17, 18, 20, 21 and 23. (See attached rule document)

:happybeer:
--LexusChris
Dear Homebrewers of Southern California,

My name is Stephanette Schwartz-Smith, and I am looking for judges for a BJCP competition in August. The competition is sponsored by The Factory Gastrobar in Long Beach, Cismontane Brewing and Beer Paper LA.

Important dates are:
Final Day for Homebrew Entrees Thursday, August 22
AHA / BJCP Judging Sunday, August 25
Finalist Notified Tuesday, September 3
Beer Pick-up (non finalists) Tuesday, September 3
Best of Show Judging Monday, September 9
Beer Pick-up (finalists) Monday, September 9
Winners Announced at Beerfest Saturday, September 14
Homebrew Participant Celebration Wednesday, September 25

Please note that judging for this competition is COMPLETE by the time the Pacific Brewers' Cup takes place on September 14th. It is only the festival at The Factory which coincides!

I have attached a Word document to this email with the rules and regulations of the competition for you to pass to your members. I realize some of you are a long way from Long Beach, but it never hurts to get the words out!

Please contact me if you are interested in judging. There are 10 categories in this competition, all in need of you.

Homebrew competition questions can be addressed to me or to Natalie, who has her information in the rules document.

Thank you, and hoppy brewing!
[url=mailto://stephanetteeisabel@gmail.com]Stephanette Schwartz-Smith[/url]
Attachments
Drink Good Beer Mash-Up Rules 2013.doc
Competition Rules
(47 KiB) Downloaded 277 times
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
bwarbiany

Re: Drink Good Beer Mash-Up 2013

Post by bwarbiany »

10 bottles per entry?!?!

It's a damn shame there's a 5-entry-per-person limit... How can I limit myself to giving them only a free 2 cases of beer *AND* paying $20 in entry fees?
Brad
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

Good catch! Missed that detail when I reviewed the doc. I thought they meant 5 entries max (10 bottles ..e.g. 2 per entry). I'm sending an email for clarification ... will post the response!

--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

Well, it makes no sense to me... but, they did confirm: 10 bottles per entry.

Well, at least sign-up to judge! Sounds like they are going to have one hell of a party with all those extra bottles! :D
--LexusChris
BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

10 bottles is just ridiculous. Who is running this competition - Nico?
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada down at Trader Vic's
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

The first comp I ever entered was held at a local wing joint when I lived in GA. It required 12 bottles.

The reason is that the beers were judged by the patrons of the bar, and then the two best were elevated to a final judging round where they were judged by professionals.

Not planning on doing that again (even though I won)...
Brad