Mazer Cup International 2013

Check for upcoming competitions here or just discuss results, entries and share your triumphs and tragedies!

Moderator: Post Moderators

Oskaar

Mazer Cup International 2013

Post by Oskaar »

The Mazer Cup International - Call for Entries

Brewcommune has historically kicked ass in this competition, so bottle that mead and dominate again!

The Mazer Cup International 2013
The Mazer Cup International is a BJCP & AHA sanctioned mead-only competition open to all home meadmakers.

How do I enter?
Click here to enter online or you may download the entry form, bottle ID forms, rules, regulations and style guidelines. Entries are $6.00

Why should I enter?
• You get to compete against a host of international home meadmakers
• Valuable feedback from experienced judges and professional meadmakers
• Suggestions on how to improve your mead from judges and other meadmakers

When may I enter?
• The Mazer Cup International is currently accepting entries
• The entry deadline is March 1, 2013
• The Mazer Cup – Home Competition judging will be on March 16, 2013

Don't Miss Out!
Visit the Mazer Cup International Website here. Enter and go head-to-head with some of the best meadmakers in the US and around the world. This will be a great competition for mead feedback from mead experts, writers and award winning meadmakers.
Don't go into the Pimped-Out-Refrigerator Jack!
lexuschris

Re: Mazer Cup International 2013

Post by lexuschris »

Looking forward to entering my new metheglin in this year's Mazer Cup!!

Just noticed that the deadline is for bottles to ARRIVE BY!

That means your mail-in bottles need to be there by March 1st, 2013... so plan on sending them in a week or so early... this leaves just 2 weeks or so to get everything done!

Good luck everybody!
8)
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
Oskaar

Post by Oskaar »

Hey Chris,

Ya gonna come up and help us judge this year?
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

Wood eye? :D

You might be able to talk me into that ... What days are the judging?
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
jward

Post by jward »

lexuschris wrote:Wood eye? :D
Peg leg! :D
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

jward wrote:
Peg leg! :D
exactly! :clap:
--LexusChris
Oskaar

Post by Oskaar »

You might be able to talk me into that ... What days are the judging?
--LexusChris
We'll be judging March 14, 15 & 16; and we have the Mead Mixer on Friday evening from 7-10 PM which will feature approximately 60-70 meads from around the world along with gourmet bites to enhance the experience.
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

I was just checking the Mazer Cup site (you still have a few days to get your mead in!!!), and noticed that both Kevin Hammons & Lars had gold medals in Sweet Meads's from the past 2 years! Not sure if that was posted here, but congrats you guys! That is quite a feat with such a large number of entries! :)

Hope all our meadmakers are sending in meads on this year!
--LexusChris
Oskaar

Post by Oskaar »

That's correct Chris, March 1, 2013 is the entry deadline.

I mentioned below that Brewcommune has historically kicked ass in this competition taking home Gold, Silver and Honorable Mention in the Best of Show Round as well. Three of our guys (Dan Hempy, Kevin Hammons and Lars Wright) have all been sent to the Best of Show round and all three damn near walked away with the Best of Show award. It won't be the same without the Brewcommuners in the mix.

This is also a landmark year for the Mazer Cup International as we have incorporated in the State of Colorado and are in the process of being approved as a 501c3 not-for-profit corporation at the Federal level as well.

This year's competition is going to be HUGE! We already passed 400 entries in the Home Meadmaker Competition and over 300 entries in the Meadery Competition. Typically we get the most entries during the final week before the deadline and that is certainly holding true at this point. We are well on our way to breaking 800 total entries between both competitions, and it wouldn't surprise me to see it go as high as 900.

If you want to compete against the best in the world, this is the competition to enter. We are the largest mead-only competition in the world and we have more entries from more countries than ever before. So don't miss out, get those entries in and represent!

Pete "Oskaar" Bakulic, VP, Mazer Cup International Operations
Oskaar

Post by Oskaar »

OK folks, all you meadmakers out there get ready for this. We closed entries on Friday 03/01 and at that time we had 502 home entries and 342 commercial entries for a total of 842 entries which is our largest year thus far, and right about were we were expecting to be in our five year plan . . . which just happens to be this year coincidentally!

We can still use judges and stewards so check out our website at http://www.mazercup.com and click on the Judges and Volunteers link to sign up. We have special group discount rates at the hotel and we feed our judges and volunteers on Thu Fri and Sat (03/14-03/16) before and between judging sessions.

Another great event is the 2013 Mead Mixer. Picture a room full of the best mead in the world along with some nice gourmet canapes and there you have it!

Check out the Mead Mixer at http://www.mazercup.com/MeadMixer.htm

Cheers,

Oskaar